Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 16th 2013 new
Will not accept any smokers...................selfish habit!
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

I vote that we send all the smokers to Portugal and Argentina..!!
It would be nice if you stop bullying people around. Take your next thread to the drinkers and alcoholics. Where do you want to send them?
Jun 16th 2013 new
I have always preferred a non-smoker and in my saved searches they are all non smokers.

I guess I should include smokers since at my age it's pretty unlikely that I would marry someone under 45 who smoked and could become pregnant (that could cause an unhealthy child).

I can tolerate someone smoking and would consider it an opportunity for me to help the person become healthier by her quitting smoking.
Jun 16th 2013 new
That's a good question - what does smoking occasionally mean? For me, smoking (in any frequency) is a "no-go"

Jun 16th 2013 new
Smoking is a deal breaker. There is no way around it.
Jun 16th 2013 new
I have been around many polite smokers...smoking outside only, never in the car. I would not completely rule out a smoker. I am working hard on my weight loss...and would be hurt if someone would count me out until I was thin again.
Having bad habits is sometimes a symptom of a loss or heartache. I wish the best for all the folks out there trying to get healthy.
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: It would be nice if you stop bullying people around. Take your next thread to the drinkers and alcoholics. Where do you want to send them?

Heaven...
Jun 16th 2013 new
Hi Kenny,

I'm with you one this one. I've dated enough people who smoked that I now know that I could not consider dating, let alone marrying, a smoker. I recognize that nicotine is a terrible addiction and I have great compassion for people in the throes of this type of suffering. I just could not live with a smoker, period.
Jun 17th 2013 new
Smoking is a no-go for me, a deal-breaker indeed. I don't appreciate the smell, the attitude, the damage (to clothing, cars, teeth etc). the associated health problems, and definitely not what I view as a waste of money! :)
Jun 17th 2013 new
Smoking is a deal breaker for me...I for one have worked at a gas station where I smelled like smoke every time I came home....Also, I work at a place currently where it is acceptable to smoke (outside) and chew tobacco (while at work)...In fact I think that there are more tobacco users than non-users...I do notice that many of the smokers are sicker more often than the non smokers...It definitely takes it's toll!!!!
Posts 61 - 70 of 75