Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jun 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Why, Tom? Because of others seeing them? Or them seeing others? How about those of us who have custody of our eyes and thoughts?
good response/questions.
Jun 22nd 2013 new
Marita, I hate to say, but I'll bet "10-bucks" that there are far many lurkers reading this & afraid to admit how they really think or how they've acted in the past! To me, it's not important how one acted in immaturity 20-25 yrs. ago, but instead how they are going to act today & be in good self-control...to their best of abilities & God's grace.
Jun 22nd 2013 new
Marita commented that she was disappointed that so few men have commented, so I guess I'll jump in. I think that the same society that shaped so many Catholic women to dress immodestly shaped the thinking of the Catholic gentleman who responded to Lynea. I do think he was likely responding to rejection more than raising a heartfelt concern. BUT our society is teaching men to see women primarily as sex objects, so that was his fall back.

Marian wondered how fathers were drawing the line in this area. I have two teenage daughters and definintely have it under control. For example, we buy swimsuits from http://www.simply-modest.com. Dads and moms have to take charge of this area from the earliest years so that modesty is the norm before a little girl can understand why. I know other dads that do this. Men know how men think, so they have to sell mom if she doesn't get it at first.

Hang in there ladies.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Marita,

good insight. I do agree with you that women's clothing has become more and more revealing. But have you seen many guys lately wearing those pants that seem to fall off? I suffer when I see that, because I just see it coming: one false step and the Earth's gravitational force might cause either a fall or a very humiliating moment for the wearer. I do commend the initiatotr of this threat for standing up for her principles. It's way too easy to go with the flow.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Bob-945720 said: Marita commented that she was disappointed that so few men have commented, so I guess I'll jump in. I think that the same society that shaped so many Catholic women to dress immodestly shaped the thinking of the Catholic gentleman who responded to Lynea. I do think he was likely responding to rejection more than raising a heartfelt concern. BUT our society is teaching men to see women primarily as sex objects, so that was his fall back.

Marian wondered how fathers were drawing the line in this area. I have two teenage daughters and definintely have it under control. For example, we buy swimsuits from http://www.simply-modest.com. Dads and moms have to take charge of this area from the earliest years so that modesty is the norm before a little girl can understand why. I know other dads that do this. Men know how men think, so they have to sell mom if she doesn't get it at first.

Hang in there ladies.
Bob, Thanks for addressing that area of shopping for clothing and swimsuits for our daughters. I agree it must start early before it ever become a modesty issue. I am going to check the website.. It is very prevalent for women to be seen just as a sex object and even women on this site feel the effects of that when we have to put up our photos. Lots of women here would tell you that just posting our photos has opened a lot of matters up that we wish were not being forced upon us. Men have asked us for mor full length pictures- "body shots" and men have asked women who have plenty of picture for more pictures. It gets old and being treated that way is OLD NEWS and disgusting really.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Marian,

that's very true. To keep that in mind would also help us guys make more informed decisions on who to date, because we all know that looks can be used as a weapon to gain advantage. As they say in love and war everything is allowed. There should be a similar threat regarding guys who are players. Women ask more and more of that poison that goes to their ears and stimulates their imagination.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Marian,

that's very true. To keep that in mind would also help us guys make more informed decisions on who to date, because we all know that looks can be used as a weapon to gain advantage. As they say in love and war everything is allowed. There should be a similar threat regarding guys who are players. Women ask more and more of that poison that goes to their ears and stimulates their imagination.
I uncertain as to the meaning of several things you have posted here. How are looks used as a weapon? What do you mean there should be a similar threat toward guys who are players? What poison do women ask for? I am confused by some of what you wrote.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Marian,

I skyped with a man on several occasions and during the skype he asked for more pictures more than once. I thought that perhaps that is a normal request to him but to me it was disgusting to be asked for that when I was right in front of him on the skype screen. It was even waht I would consider rude. Women are not on this site to entertain men with their photos. We are real human beings who hope to meet someone to meet and see if they would be suitable to marry. that is it. We are not models or in photo magazines to be oogled at.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
I agree with you 100% There's no need to ask for such.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
if you don't mind me saying, you look much younger in your profile pic, than what your age says. You also seem like not only beautiful but you emanate a lot of femininity in that pic, and by the way you write. I don't why you aren't married yet. You seem like a good catch.
Posts 31 - 40 of 47