Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jun 23 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: if you don't mind me saying, you look much younger in your profile pic, than what your age says. You also seem like not only beautiful but you emanate a lot of femininity in that pic, and by the way you write. I don't why you aren't married yet. You seem like a good catch.
Thank you Carlos. No I sure don't mind hearing that and I appreciate you beautiful compliments. I am discouraged with my efforts and want to give up. But first am working on job security. Thank you so much Carlos. Your comments are a breath of fresh air. I think I am a good catch.
Jun 24 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: I think women should all wear burkas to the beach. call me old fashioned...but..
Tom, You're old fashioned. Ok, not really. Christian women never wore burkas. I assume what you mean is that you'd like a return to full bathing suits that show no skin. That would be properly old fashioned. Besides that burkas are not modest, they're oppressive. If looking at a woman in a classy one piece offends or scares you you can always avoid the beach.
Jun 24 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: Tom, You're old fashioned. Ok, not really. Christian women never wore burkas. I assume what you mean is that you'd like a return to full bathing suits that show no skin. That would be properly old fashioned. Besides that burkas are not modest, they're oppressive. If looking at a woman in a classy one piece offends or scares you you can always avoid the beach.
Hey Tom,

I should have read your two subsequent responses before making my above post, in which you showed a lot of class. I take back the last two sentences, as you showed you were already aware of those things. embarassed
Jul 04 new
biggrin That sounds like an awesome idea. That way we can perhaps help each other to define what it modest, and to share what we do with what we have.
Jul 04 new
Lynea, I just read a very good encyclical by our Holy Father Pius XII, Sacra Virginitas, about the excellence of consecrated virginity. It contained a very good point about the virtue of modesty:

"The educators of the young clergy would render a more valuable and useful service, if they would inculcate in youthful minds the precepts of Christian modesty, which is so important for the preservation of perfect chastity and which is truly called the prudence of chastity. For modesty foresees threatening danger, forbids us to expose ourselves to risks, demands the avoidance of those occasions which the imprudent do not shun. It does not like impure or loose talk, it shrinks from the slightest immodesty, it carefully avoids suspect familiarity with persons of the other sex, since it brings the soul to show due reverence to the body, as being a member of Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit. He who possesses the treasure of Christian modesty abominates every sin of impurity and instantly flees whenever he is tempted by its seductions."

That is so neat to see modesty as truly the prudence of chastity! If more women could appreciate this, then we wouldn't have them exposing themselves to danger by what they fail to wear...and if more men could appreciate this, then we wouldn't have fathers taking so little interest in the protection of their wives and daughters.
Jul 05 new
(quote) Chelsea-743484 said: Lynea, I just read a very good encyclical by our Holy Father Pius XII, Sacra Virginitas, about the excellence of consecrated virginity. It contained a very good point about the virtue of modesty:

"The educators of the young clergy would render a more valuable and useful service, if they would inculcate in youthful minds the precepts of Christian modesty, which is so important for the preservation of perfect chastity and which is truly called the prudence of chastity. For modesty foresees threatening danger, forbids us to expose ourselves to risks, demands the avoidance of those occasions which the imprudent do not shun. It does not like impure or loose talk, it shrinks from the slightest immodesty, it carefully avoids suspect familiarity with persons of the other sex, since it brings the soul to show due reverence to the body, as being a member of Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit. He who possesses the treasure of Christian modesty abominates every sin of impurity and instantly flees whenever he is tempted by its seductions."

That is so neat to see modesty as truly the prudence of chastity! If more women could appreciate this, then we wouldn't have them exposing themselves to danger by what they fail to wear...and if more men could appreciate this, then we wouldn't have fathers taking so little interest in the protection of their wives and daughters.
Chelsea,

Thank you for posting this, and revealing another deeper level..

.For modesty foresees threatening danger, forbids us to expose ourselves to risks, demands the avoidance of those occasions which the imprudent do not shun. It does not like impure or loose talk, it shrinks from the slightest immodesty, it carefully avoids suspect familiarity with persons of the other sex, since it brings the soul to show due reverence to the body, as being a member of Christ and the temple of the Holy Spirit. He who possesses the treasure of Christian modesty abominates every sin of impurity and instantly flees whenever he is tempted by its seductions."

This really brings home the danger, seriousness and importance of practicing modesty/chastity---and fleeing from temptations on any level...reinforced my understanding for sure and to take measures especially when in a relationship to safeguard one another...Jesus, I trust in you!

Lisa theheart
Jul 05 new
(quote) Lisa-933589 said: This really brings home the danger, seriousness and importance of practicing modesty/chastity---and fleeing from temptations on any level...reinforced my understanding for sure and to take measures especially when in a relationship to safeguard one another.
You're welcome, Lisa.

Yes, I agree. Failure to practice modesty I find is tantamount to sociopathy. It is a poison or disease in society by which uncertain and erroneous information is passed, as well as, by which the proper relationship of men to women is destroyed. It is so interesting how the literal decay of our societal workings in the USA can be directly correlated with the change in "fashion" over the last 150 years.

There are so many immodest youth running around today contracting numerous spiritual diseases and passing them on to others as well by the scandal they cause.

It is so interesting to me how men's attire has generally stayed the same for the last 150 years, whereas women are returning to the dress of their pagan ancestors.

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but it's so shocking even to go to the grocery store anymore and see numerous attractive young women wearing little shorts which could very well pass for panties and maybe a tube top or bikini top... It raises up the feelings of shock and disgust that women value their nature so little as to share their private beauty with the entire public!
Posts 41 - 47 of 47