Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 17th 2013 new
I can drop a hankie...lace or monogrammed?
Jun 17th 2013 new
Lace. Save the monogram for your blouse or handbag.
Jun 17th 2013 new
Keep your values......keep positive ...nothing wrong with a strong moral woman
Jun 17th 2013 new
Tom, thanks for the tip.... but I haven't been in a car without electric locks for so long that I would probably forget to lean over and unlock it for you. For what it's worth, I used to lean over and unlock the drivers door on a date all the time. With the exception of one F2F date this March, my last "first date" was in 1979!
Jun 17th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Linda,,,I started the thread you are referring to ""Too Many Messages"" as a dry, humorous attempt to bring some joy and satirical humor to the postings..Nothing more....I'm in the same boat and you and just about everyone here...
The thread was in no way meant to be mean or intimidate of anything negative in any shape and/or form....It was mostly a way to amuse myself,,,and if some chuckled then my goal was reached...

Some people,,(in messages I received),, took offense to my silly thread and accused me of negative flirting and being a real jerk...Some believed that it was 100% a serious thread and branded me as cocky and self-centered....Well I'm just the oppossite..That is why it was so easy to make up the silliness...I'm surprised and disappointed that the thread bothered you...I sincerely apologize..

I guess I'm new here and was overly excited to participate..I'll tone it back and try not to post very often...
I wish you God's joy..
Kenny- don't let those people worry you. Keep posting! They needed to read further and see all the humourous "agreements" in your topic.
Jun 17th 2013 new
Steve- one needs to read a profile to determine if one has anything in common with the gentleman. I view random profiles quite regularly... I don't often message.. Sometimes I do quizzes and that doesn't even necessarily mean anything. It doesn't really mean anything is wrong with you, just that she may not see the similarities or is afraid to make the first move. :o)
Jun 17th 2013 new
Lynn, I agree with the pursuit/ chase domain being up to the fellow, but I do like to send out an emote or a "flirt." I look at many profiles in detail, including photos. I am also as curious as a cat. My mind is always thinking and questioning. If someone mentions something that I don't know about I will toss out a question (about a special interest, a spiritual thought, an organization, etc). I have had several interactions back and forth with a few gentlemen like this. Friendly, brief, informative and fun!
Jun 18th 2013 new
I agree with you Sam. If a man is interested he will pursue. Don't be discouraged Linda. Sometimes it takes time. It only takes one. Keep praying and posting in the forums. Have fun and do not give up hope. God bless.
Jun 18th 2013 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: Lynn, I agree with the pursuit/ chase domain being up to the fellow, but I do like to send out an emote or a "flirt." I look at many profiles in detail, including photos. I am also as curious as a cat. My mind is always thinking and questioning. If someone mentions something that I don't know about I will toss out a question (about a special interest, a spiritual thought, an organization, etc). I have had several interactions back and forth with a few gentlemen like this. Friendly, brief, informative and fun!
I like that, too, and that was what I meant by "dropping a handkerchief."
Jun 18th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-976045 said: Linda,
I would say that it probably won't be that long. You are very active and you live on a military installation. There are still a few of thos folks around who are genuine, although it is becoming more rare in to today's society. I for one am one who still opens doors etc... but most guys my age all have electric locks on a key fob so they don't have to unlock one door and then the other. Which also eliminates the "door test". The door test is for the guy to open the door for the woman and watch to see if she reaches over to unlock the door for him from the inside. That shows him that she isn't thinking only of herself but him as well. Thankfully, my 66 Galaxie doesn't have electric locks and I might be able to still used this trick. Linda, keep going to church, and maybe ask your priest if he knows of some one who would he appropriate. Just a thought. Hang in there, talk to you later.
Tom
Tom, I loved reading this! It brought to mind something that happened a couple of months ago on a date with a man I'd had several previous dates. We were on our way to a theatre performance, and he had to stop at an ATM for cash at a shopping center. He parked within visual distance of the ATM machine, and not too far from a light standard, but when he got out, he gave me his car keys and asked me to please lock the door (with me inside the car) while he was away. I said, "Oh that's ok--I'll be fine--I can see you from here." He INSISTED! So, I complied (although my inner "independent woman I-can-take care-of-myself" persona was annoyed), and HE WAS HAPPY as the male protector of my virtues. I think sometimes, after being on my own for over 14 years and of a 'mature age', I come across as unappreciative of a man's protective actions (and probably a turn-off?). I've just learned to "do for myself"....Yet, in retrospect, I DO appreciate his thoughtfulness.
Posts 21 - 30 of 52