Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 17th 2013 new
I've never been a big fan of them, (my son has a few), but they're not a deal breaker unless they are offensive...you know the ones, devil's face with bff under it. :-)
Jun 17th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-560653 said: I saw the smoking thread so I thought I would start this one. I currently have 3 tattoo's and may get more. As of right now i'm content. I'm curious what other people think of them. Is it something that turns you off or on to a person? Does it matter on what they are of or how many? I'm just feeling out for people's curiousty regarding it.

As others have said in the thread, I think it is very interesting to hear the stories behind someone's tattoo. I like meeting new people and finding out a little about them, so it's a great conversation starter.

That being said, I'll be brutally honest. It's a personal choice thing for me, but I'm not really attracted to ladies with tons of tattoos, very large tattoos, or piercings. Maybe I'm just "old school" or something. I don't have a problem with them on my friends and acquaintances (I have many friends who have them), but I just don't find them attractive on ladies. If a lady has a very small tattoo on her ankle or something, that's OK for me, but I just don't find a lady with a "sleeve" or a "tramp stamp" attractive.

Personally, I kind of like being a nonconformist myself by NOT having a tattoo, since it seems like the vast majority of people have them nowadays. Just call me a rebel!!! wink laughing
Jun 17th 2013 new
Lots has to do w the location....a meaningful picture or symbol on your shoulder is one thing....something huge and graphic on your neck is a lot different...people who have sleeves and the like.....major turn off....
Jun 17th 2013 new
No they don't bother me unless taken to excess like all over ever visible part of the body....I've often thought of getting one myself but I'm took chicken to under the pain.
Jun 17th 2013 new

Not having any tatoo's myself( and coming from a farming background scratchchin)
to me it is too much like being branded.I think the skin God gave us is just fine,so yes it would be an issue smile
Jun 17th 2013 new
Thanks for the topic, I've been curious about this myself as it relates to men pursuing women with tattoos. I don't mind either way, but I have many tattoos myself and they are really important to me and signify various periods of my life. I have dated one man from CM who told me he doesn't personally like tattoos but they weren't a deal breaker. I think the old stereotypes need to be challenged and it is a really shallow reasons for dismissing someone before you get to know them.
Jun 17th 2013 new
Hi everyone,
Most of the replies seem to refer to women's thoughts on men having tattoos. Men, please weigh in on how you feel about a woman having a tattoo. Thanks!
Jun 17th 2013 new
I don't view tattoos as a problem in general, but I agree with what some have said that they should be in good taste.

I have a couple of my own, and my idea has always been they should have meaning and express who you are rather than just be about the art.

In doing a little research on the topic after seeing this post, Leviticus 19:28 comes up often. While the verse appears to clearly forbid the practice, numerous scholars and priests (both Catholic and otherwise) say this verse was meant to seperate the people of Israel from the pagans around them in the promised land. The pagan cultures used tattoos and other bodily markings as part of worship rituals. God wanted to make sure His people were set apart.

Jun 17th 2013 new
As long as they are not excessive
Jun 17th 2013 new
Who cares. The person with or without is more Important!!!!
Posts 11 - 20 of 73