Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 17th 2013 new
As a man, tattoos on a woman are a HUGE turnoff for me (unless it's a microscopic one on a very inconspicuous place).
Jun 17th 2013 new
My parents would be horrified if my sig.other had tattoos.. but I kind of like them. :p
Jun 17th 2013 new
I'm with Felicity. If I marry a man with tattoos...we ain't tellin' my Mama, 'kay?

In general it depends on the tattoo and the reason for it. I work in the inner city so gang symbols and disrespect are rampant, as are love and family/gang loyalty. If ya do, they gotta be tasteful and reasonable...no pinup girls please. I'm not staring at some naked girl on your bicep for the rest of eternity! I once had a patient with a life size tattoo of her husband's face on her back...and I wondered "how could he even like that?!?" eyepopping
Jun 18th 2013 new
Total turn off for me. As well as piercings.

Jun 18th 2013 new
How I view tattoos as an outer expression of the person that has them. If you can't except them for having the tattoos, how can you except them?
Jun 18th 2013 new
My gut reaction is that they are not a big deal, but then I look at a neighbor that has tats, literally from head to toe and I think twice. He's a good looking man, but the tattoos on his face are a bit much for me.
Jun 18th 2013 new
(quote) Kate-806727 said: My gut reaction is that they are not a big deal, but then I look at a neighbor that has tats, literally from head to toe ...
I hope it isn't possible to see all of them . smile
Jun 18th 2013 new
Tattoos are not a problem for me. Pete had five, all easily covered with a short sleeve shirt. I have one -- a shamrock in Celtic knots. My son and one daughter have several, and one daughter has two and another as one. I prefer a few tattoos rather than complete sleeves or all up the neck, sort of thing, but on the whole they don't bother me.
Jun 18th 2013 new
I don't mind a tattoo or two. Some can be quite nice if not over-done. My son has a simple design around his bicep, and I like it.
Jun 18th 2013 new
I have designed firefighting tattoos for all my brothers who are firefighters and for many of their firefighting friends. :) My cousin, who is a soldier, had a tattoo of Saint Michael tattooed on his whole back before he was deployed to Afghanistan. Needless to say, he came home safely and in one piece. St. Mike had his back! :) I have dated men who have had some and as long as they are tasteful and not vulgar, I have no problem with them.
Posts 21 - 30 of 73