Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 18 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: I hope it isn't possible to see all of them .
I am sure that there are plenty that I can not see, which is saying a lot considering I've seen him around the pool a few times. eyepopping
Jun 18 new
(quote) Kelli-524183 said: I have designed firefighting tattoos for all my brothers who are firefighters and for many of their firefighting friends. :) My cousin, who is a soldier, had a tattoo of Saint Michael tattooed on his whole back before he was deployed to Afghanistan. Needless to say, he came home safely and in one piece. St. Mike had his back! :) I have dated men who have had some and as long as they are tasteful and not vulgar, I have no problem with them.
That's one Tattoo, that I've been thinkiing about getting. Saint Michael has always been my favorite ever since I was in the military. I'm still debating where to get it.

Thanks everyone for all the responses. I personally don't mind them on a female as long as they aren't tasteless.
Jun 18 new
(quote) Andrew-560653 said: I saw the smoking thread so I thought I would start this one. I currently have 3 tattoo's and may get more. As of right now i'm content. I'm curious what other people think of them. Is it something that turns you off or on to a person? Does it matter on what they are of or how many? I'm just feeling out for people's curiousty regarding it.

I think mehindi (dying temporary patterns on the skin with henna) is appealing...but tattoos are a turn off. I'm not speaking of you in particular, but I get the sense that people who get tattoos have some sort of an insecurity in their simple humanity. I could understand discerning a man with a tattoo, just like discerning a man who has previously sinned in other ways (i.e., against chastity, etc.), but it's not ideal.
Jun 18 new
Speaking on past experience, it has been a minor turn off but I'm sort of okay with it as long as she's not covered in them and they aren't tasteless. In general, however, personality and everything else still wins me over regardless of whether she's got tattoos or not.
Jun 18 new
Personally, l love tattoos. I only have one, but plan on getting more. ☆ ;)) The stories behind the ink are usually very interesting!
Jun 19 new
It depends on how many, where they are and what they are. I am intrigued by them and the meaning behind them. I have four and they have nothing to do with insecurity in the skin God gave me.
Jun 19 new
They can be tasteful. My son has a Fleur-de-lis on his upper arm, with my dad's nickname (Frenchy) in the middle. The fleur-de-lis represents the trinity, and is on the Quebec flag and license plate. My father was French-Canadian. My son has fallen away from the church yet wanted a fleur-de-lis for the trinity and his Papa French's heritage.

The worst tats that I have ever seen were scleral tatoos. I asked a young man if his eyes felt OK; he had bright red eyes (where they are supposed to be white) and he replied, "Oh, they are tatoos." The white part of his eyes had been tatooed bright red.

I have seen foreign body reactions and benign masses below tatoos, so they aren't completely harmless.
Jun 19 new
I don't think tattoos are a problem, they're an expression of one's self. I have two myself, one meaning a great deal to me. A cross with flowers around it and Grandma written across it, she was like a second mom to me so it means a lot to me. If someone can't look past the person on the outside then they aren't even worthy of seeing the person on the inside.
Jun 19 new
I find it's all about location, and content. I personally don't like tattoos because they gross me out, but if someone else has one I don't find it as creepy.
I like to know why they have it, and the story of it, but even beautiful tattoos can seem ugly in the wrong place. So I guess my go to rule is, "can you cover it up if you don't want to see it?" This basically gives the person an escape if they don't want to have it in all their wedding/graduation/special event photos. It's the same with piercings.
And like all things, all in moderation. :)
Jun 19 new
Yes, it is a big issue for me . I don't like them and I would never do one. Despite the stories behind them, It is a high risky fashion that may cause serious health issues.
Posts 31 - 40 of 73