Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-560653 said: I saw the smoking thread so I thought I would start this one. I currently have 3 tattoo's and may get more. As of right now i'm content. I'm curious what other people think of them. Is it something that turns you off or on to a person? Does it matter on what they are of or how many? I'm just feeling out for people's curiousty regarding it.

Andrew, thanks for bringing up this subject. It's interesting! Tattoos don't really matter a great deal to me. I love to hear stories so yes, I'd love to hear the stories behind any tattoos. I'm of the age where very few men I know have tattoos and the ones who do have them usually got them while in the service. I think a tattoo with religious significance could be very beautiful and meaningful.

I'm a fairly frugal woman. I would rather spend my money on something else. My fun with self-adornment these days comes in the form of toenail polish or dangly earrings or pretty shoes.
Jun 20th 2013 new
I have a butterfly on my upper back shoulder.. It is something the girls in my family decided to do in memory of my sister that passed away at 49 years old in 2007. She was as a young girl whom as a baby ran before she walked. She ALS (Lou Gehrigs Disease)and wanted us to remember her when we saw butterflies.
Jun 21st 2013 new
For the most part, I don't think they're an issue. It depends on what the tattoo is and where it's located though. I think if you're going to get them it's best to place them so they can be hidden for work, etc. I'd date a man who had tattoos, again depending on location and what they look like.

I used to have four tattoos, but I'm in the process of getting them removed via laser. One is already gone and the other three are quickly fading. It's a painful and fairly expensive process. My tattoos can actually all be hidden just fine and none of them are inappropriate. I've just simply grown tired of looking at them and I'm ready for a change. So no more tattoos for me, except maybe henna every now and then. To each their own though!
Jun 21st 2013 new
Yep. As are piercings ofther than the ears tastefully done.
Jun 22nd 2013 new
I always take a stop back from men with tattoos - I always think they are rough
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Went to a great party last night. Saw old friends I had not seen in years, I saw lots and lots of tattoos. Hardworking, economically lower to middle class, mostly ladies 50 years old plus...and then the hipster kids. It all seems silly to me. And as a cultural trend I really don't like it. I find myself having to look beyond the tats to see who's is under them. Several people had become walking memorials. And it won't be long till we see how well the tats will look on old people.
Personally, I can not stand my spider veins...I guess tattoos are not for me.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
We see a lot of ear lobe gauges around here. Yuck...who really thinks an ear lobe should be put over the top of their ear, so they can go to work. Yuck Yuck Yuck.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
My long earrings come off and are put in a drawer...New day new me. ( and they are clips)
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Mary-251045 said: I always take a stop back from men with tattoos - I always think they are rough
Mary, I think that our age has something to do with that perception.
I can tell you that my 3 sons have tattoos & they are all gentlemen as is the guy I am currently seeing.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Rhonda,

you look lovely in that pic by the way. I'm just givinga compliment to a feminine lady, that's all :0) I respect if someone has a tattoo. My sister has a litttle star on her wrist. The question arises as to what motivation goes behind that? Tattoos were once used(in Western Civilization) only by inmates, sailors and prostitutes. The same thing with bars. Those same people went there to get drunk and meet other likeminded people. The same goes with a couple living together before marriage.

In the past all of those things were not christian at all. I've seen women at the beach with dolphins and butterflies on their backs or on their toes. They are normally well tanned and athletic ones. It doesn't look that bad, but I wouldn't take such a woman to church or to my parents house. Imagine her crossing her legs while discussing a recipe with my mom or talking with my dad about the latest in politics with that big animal on top. I think that women are God's most beautiful creation, and a woman's skin is one of her most attractive features. It is blessed with different tones of melanine, hair follicles, Meissners Corpuscles for sensisitivity and Paninni's as well. No I'm getting nerdy, but in the context of the new status quo and societal degeneration of values,

I see it as rather negative. There's no smart reason for doing that. Sorry for my directness. Just answering, in my most charitable way possible to your question. I hope this wasn't inflammatory at all. I tried my best really.
Posts 41 - 50 of 73