Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sep 20 new
Not if he can remove them! laughing laughing laughingOK, nothing is absolute on the tattoo or piercing thing (although i've never had any of either, including my ears) but those of us who are in the prepper mentality are not as keen on having something so noticeable that is unchangeable in appearance.
Oct 01 new
I see a lot of personal opinions but on an allegedly Catholic community, I would expect more faith-based answers.

Humility is a critical component of our Catholic spiritual life. The goal is to be a meek servant of God and not draw attention to yourself or glorify your sentiments (e.g. "self-expression"). In that way, tattoos are like a venial sin.

Leviticus 19:29 states, Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD
That is pretty clear.

1: Corinthians 6:19 states "
know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

I take that to mean our bodies belong to God. I don't hink God appreciates people tagging up his house without permission. That said, for me personally if she has tattoos already before she was aware, that would probably be fine (although I do find them distasteful). It would be a deal-breaker for me if she saw nothing wrong with continuing to get tattoos.

Oct 01 new
I wish i could edit the previous post. Oh, well.
Posts 71 - 73 of 73