Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 27th 2013 new
I hear from all these woman that want someone to go to church with . Well here I am . My marriage is annulled , i answered all the questions yes , i am a lector , Eucharistic Minister , legion of Mary , member of the knights and run church functions . My son age fourteen is a alter server , earned the Ad Altare Dei and the Pope Pius . I know there are other issues that binds two people together . Yes you should find someone who brings you closer to God . Our Lord Jesus helps strengthen relationships for wonderful life long romance . Sometimes its not the 100% we want . But someone who always has Jesus in there heart .
Jul 28th 2013 new
We all get those ads................x item at Walmart for $22.99...........but wait, Office Depot has that same x item for $22.89, ten cents cheaper, but Walmart is closer to home...............oh and yes, I do need to get other things at Walmart...................., but then again, in the same parking lot of Office Depot is the Thrift Store, x item there is only $19.99...........and wow, it comes with a $3.00 rebate, but you have to buy a quantity of two of x item........

We all have choices and free will................buy here, buy there, shop here, shop there.

God does not choose for us, we choose for ourselves. That's how it's designed. So you never know what you are going to get unless you actually use your free will and actually ask first. By asking, we should always ask God first, after all, he is our father, most patient, most kind, all knowing, all wisdom and all love. What a perfect father.

Ask God, and continue to ask him if you first do not receive an answer. Then ask again and again. Maybe the silence is due to other reasons, maybe the silence is the answer?

"God made me to know him, to love him, and to serve him in this world and to be happy with him forever in the next."

This is irregardless of whether I ever meet someone or not.............again, or ever, because I have Jesus and the Church............

"I came so that [you] might have life and have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

God wants to give us all eternal life, and I feel life is so precious to decide on the issues of the Walmart, Office Depot or Thrift store. Just like we get caught up in the profiles..........she has this, but not that, but she lives close, but I am not attracted, but we could be friends, then again she lives so far away, but the one that lives close is not interested..............and so on, and so on.

How can any of us truly love without loving Jesus first? Why, because the truth pulls us towards him, just as the truth will pull us all together and maybe with someone eventually.
Jul 30th 2013 new
William I like your replies
Jul 31st 2013 new
Food for thought William
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said: Bernard, if what you are saying here is true, then you shouldn't be on this site. If you are passing up matches for financial reasons, then you're not in a position to marry.

People here assume that every other member (unless stated as "divorced") is in a position (morally and financially) to marry. If you're just here to opine or for the company, then you're wasting people's time. You can do these things in any political forum.

I agree but on the same side as long as he puts a note in his profile that he's just seeking friendship or just here for community I don't see a problem.
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I agree but on the same side as long as he puts a note in his profile that he's just seeking friendship or just here for community I don't see a problem.
He doesn't have such a note, which is why I wrote the comment.
Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said: Bernard, if what you are saying here is true, then you shouldn't be on this site. If you are passing up matches for financial reasons, then you're not in a position to marry.

People here assume that every other member (unless stated as "divorced") is in a position (morally and financially) to marry. If you're just here to opine or for the company, then you're wasting people's time. You can do these things in any political forum.

The owners of this site disagree with you. They have repeatedly confirmed that dating is only one function of the site, which is also designed to assist Catholics developing friendships and grow in the faith.

While it is true that some people ass-u-me otherwise, that is really their problem.

Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I've been here 5 months and I think only six men have even shown up on my matches list...
Well.... If you lived near civilization... wink

Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: The owners of this site disagree with you. They have repeatedly confirmed that dating is only one function of the site, which is also designed to assist Catholics developing friendships and grow in the faith.

While it is true that some people ass-u-me otherwise, that is really their problem.

Jerry,

While the owners of this site may tell you this before you shuffle into the forums and make some snide remark, you know as well as they do that Catholic MATCH holds itself out as well, as a MATCH site.

I know this not because everyone's status in relation to the sacrament of marriage is put under their picture for every other member to see, nor because there are no minors, married people nor religious on the site.

I know this because when I go to the home page of Catholic MATCH and I click on the question that reads, "Why Us?", this is the first sentence of the response:

"At CatholicMatch, we give single Catholics the best opportunity to grow in their faith and fall in love by providing an environment focused on the values that make a successful marriage."

If there is an impediment (religious or practical) to a marriage it should be made known. If someone is apparently eligible to marry but is not practically eligible to marry, then a decent respect for their fellow members should compel him or her to put up a note that simply reads, "Please don't stop here. I'm not here to meet anyone." (You know what I'm referring to, right? It's that "common decency thing to others thing" that we Catholics always harp about.)

Aug 21st 2013 new
For what it's worth...I have made some wonderful friends on this site. Sure, I was interested in a romance with a couple of them, but by entering the forums and chatting we learned more about each other and made decisions based on that.

Browsing is just that - browsing. I don't think anyone is required to send me a note or an emoticon just because they view me or I them. As far as matches go, there's only so much a computer can do. Some of my friends never came up as matches, but we get along splendidly! If I'm walking down the street and see an attractive guy I'll browse the heck out of him, but if he makes eye-contact we both can decide then and there to communicate more or not; most often, it's not.

I've been off the site for a few years because of an engagement that fell through. I'm just happy this site is here do to exactly what Jerry mentioned. I learn and mingle on the forums; if a match comes around I always take the time to look them over, and about half the time I'll send them a note. It's the only way to make stuff work, you know?
Posts 31 - 40 of 44