Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 24 new
Ann, You are right. It's difficult to educate the populace. Hope those individuals out there read your response. Maryjane
Jun 24 new
(quote) Maryjane-408997 said: Ann, You are right. It's difficult to educate the populace. Hope those individuals out there read your response. Maryjane
Also agree with Ann. I have indicated before on the forums that if you have no interest in my inquiry, then don't respond. I can take it. And I understand.
Jun 26 new
(quote) Susan-898689 said: Don't start communicating with someone and develop a good rapport....and then.....poof!......all of sudden never to be heard from again.
Yep, that sure happens a lot laughing

Jun 27 new
(quote) MaryClaire-847709 said: Guys, if you have pictures of you with individual women, at least explain who they are!! Otherwise we have no idea, and we think you're trying to impress us with your skills with the ladies. Not impressed!

This applies to all the women as well. If you post a picture of yourself with one man who looks to be approximately your age please explain who he is. Not all of us men are able to identify that guy as your brother vs your ex-boyfriend.
Jun 28 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: DO NOT CRITIZE, CONDEMN, OR COMPLAIN......DALE CARNEGIE
Please, do not write everything in Capital Letters... Some of us feel you're shouting.
embarassed
Mari
Jun 28 new
People lack social skills cuz they don't teach it in school just like they don't teach other important things.
Jun 28 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said: So many good comments. My take on all:

1. No eyeglasses.
2. No rude messages.
3. If you are interested, say so.
4. If you are not interested, either say so or go in hiding.
5. If someone you messaged goes into hiding, move on.
6. No profile picture, no interest..
7. What, you waiting for Brad Pitt? Shania Twain?
8. 'Crying out loud, message somebody.
9. You think they're going to wait forever?
10. Messaged and not interested? See #4.

Finally, no one on CM wishes ever to cause another pain. Take it on faith. And if not convinced, report it to CM.

St. Mary Magdalen, pray for us.

Unfortunately we have to deal with these people but wow, Part B of #4 is one cowardly action. I hate it when that happens but on the flip side an inner voice tells me it's probably for the best so I just do the #5.
Final thought...#8 should be #1

Jun 28 new
(quote) Kate-806727 said: I think that this goes for under 45 as well. I know that I look different now than I did in my 20's.
Why is anyone posting a photo of themself
from 20 years ago? Lol as if to say, "Look at how good looking I was back in the day!!!"
I'm with you , Katie...most bizarre!
Jun 29 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: Actually, I respectfully disagree with this. People not taking things on this site seriously enough is the biggest reason people are dissatisfied. If more people were serious in their approach to matters here-- everything from honestly and thoughly completing their profile, to answering communicatio, to prayer, to asking and accepting dates, to doing all they could to be able to marry within the Church when they meet their future spouse-- we would not see so many threads complaining or bemusing about their struggle with online CM dating.

Don't be cavalier, lazy, or flippant about things on this site. But don't take things too personally. Invest heavily in your time, treasure and talent, but guard/ train your heart.
Agree. ;)
Jun 29 new
(quote) Megan-982424 said: People lack social skills cuz they don't teach it in school just like they don't teach other important things.
I think social skills, such as being considerate and having regard for
other's feelings, being respectful and considering another's needs before your own...etc....is taught to us by our parents when we are young. When parents are lax and don't instill these qualities in their children then the children grow up to be immature adults. Courtesy, respect, being truly interested in someone else besides just yourself (me,me,me!)
manners, social ettiquette and grace, self respect, being a good listener...I think ALL
of these are things we learn from good ole Mom and Dad.

Posts 101 - 110 of 118