Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Martha-945168 said: If somebody sent you a happy birthday emoticon, it would be very rude if you ignored it and din't respond it with one "Thank you "
People do it all the time, though. . . most ungracious.
Jun 21st 2013 new
Good ideas and nice summary, Mary! Don't forget to lighten up...smile ~ through the tears, if necessaryl There is no one who can 'make' you sad or happy. We choose how to react to other people and situations. CHOOSE WISELY!
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said: 1. No eyeglasses.

6. No profile picture, no interest..

Finally, no one on CM wishes ever to cause another pain. 

1. No glasses? But -- but -- what if I can't see without 'em (and I can't)?

6. No profile picture = no worries about privacy. Plenty of pics in the album, says so in the opening line of the profile.

As for wanting to cause others pain...man, some days I ain't so sure about that.... rolling eyes
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: If you start a thread...don't dictate to others what they may and may not post as comments.

Certainly it's nice if every one keeps on topic and stays civil. But sometimes I feel an O.P. expects everyone to agree with the original post and doesn't actually welcome discussion.
I agree with this! Once I answered a a particularly sensitive question, then the one who started the topic went on attacking (though subtly and respectfully) my view, and a lot followed. Seriously? Guys, we are here to learn, to share and hopefully grow in faith. But understand that we are individuals with different life experiences, and we are in different stages of our spiritual journey so please don't expect them to be of the same opinion or stage as you. And if you don't welcome different opinions, don't start a topic. You might just agree on someone's post you support... :)
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
Be careful if you open your heart and show compassion, kindness and a little humor.
It can be totally mis-read by many,,,not by all thankfully,,,Then our sweet, kind Catholic brothers and sisters may dive in for the kill and attack your open heart and compassion and humor.

Don't assume that everyone is a merciful, loving Catholic/Christian,,,,at least not practicing..

Don't assume the goodie-goodie stuff on someone's profile is real. Like most things in life,,,,"If it sounds too good to be true,,,it probably is NOT true.."""""""

Fill my heart with gladness
take away all my sadness..
Ease my troubles
that's what you do.!!!!

Shouldn't we be singing this to all people on all levels,,brothers,,sisters,,friends,,,Sweethearts,,Moms,,Dads...ETC..

Keep on postin', Kenny! Many of us appreciate the humor in your posts. If someone misinterprets the humor, it's their loss. I don't think the good Lord wanted us to go through life without laughter... thumbsup
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Maria-350522 said: Don't use a photo of you 10 - 20 years younger as your profile photo (talking about the 45+ people) 
eyepopping
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Don't reject ANYONE who expresses interest in you. Find out who they are, see whether you "click" or not. Geography, interests, morals, etc. cannot be accurately encapsulated in a person's profile. Usually it only takes a half dozen messages or emotes to know that there's nothing happening.

Give the guy/girl a chance.
Marge, Thank you for your post I can see from the number or thumbs up you got you have hit a nerve. There is only so much you can post in a profile and only so much you can learn from someone in a profile. I know I am guilty of that myself.
Jun 21st 2013 new
Don't forget to label which one YOU are in pictures with other people. Ladies, hint, hint, that changed hairstyle of yours can make it tough!

Don't limit your profile to vague generalities that could apply to any number of people. Oh, and you're just as comfortable dressed up to go out as at home in sweats? So is e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e else, seriously, like, not even kidding :)
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: Don't let your posts or profiles be filled with spelling errors or incorrect grammar.

Please use a dictionary!

In other words post from your computer not your phone. I cant see the tiny errors just to larger ones.
Jun 21st 2013 new
Oops, you read my mind, and I wrote before using mine. Sunglasses it is.
Posts 71 - 80 of 118