Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Ed-890453 said: Praying the rosary is one of our best weapons. The major problem is our leaders on both sides of the political spectrum pander to any radical group that makes a little noise. I do not foresee any improvement until the average citizen forgets
charm and charisma of the candidates and truly looks at their voting records or take time to fully understand the issues.
When praying the rosary ask that voters be given the wisdom to choose wisely.

I do not recall seeing any videos or news clips showing prominent leaders taking time to go to the church of their choice since Ronald Reagan and Nancy. If a few of our leaders were seen going to a church service once in a while it just may put a small dent in secularism..
Well said, Ed rosary
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: Some things I've wondered about for some rume. The bishops in the US seem to have reversed their stance from that in the Gallilao affair. tHe said the Catholic Church had to change their teachings based on his discovery that the earth orbits the sun, not the other way around.

The USCCB is now saying what immigration reform has to and cannot contain. What are the bishops in Mexico doing to make Mexico a better place to live.

mexico had their "revolution" over a century ago! The recent movie For Greater Glory, or was it Honor, tells the story of Mexico loosing its freedom of religion. The basis of any freedom is the freedom of religion.

Then why is it assumed all illegal immigrants are Mexican? there are many countries of origin. The Mexican border is just the easiest to cross!

Fanother fact pushing illegal immigration is abortion, The tally of surgical abortions since Roe v. Wade is over 55 million. how many chemical abortions have happened? We will never know. Aas abortion objectifies women and discriminates against the most vulnerable, we
Ment . se is contradicted by their own words. Truth never contradicts itself. Jesus said I am the way, the Truth, and the life. He also said those who are not with Me are against Me.

WE NEED TO FIGHT THIS FIRE WITH OUR MIGHTIEST WEAPON

Im curious to know what you thought was the stance of the US Bishops on the Galileo affair, and how did they change. (Also preferably, when did this happen i.e. if you have any links to show that they changed their stance or at least when this happened.) I dont mean to attack you, Im just trying to understand where you are coming from.

How did you come to this fact "another fact pushing illegal immigration is abortion"? I would like to know more about it. I thought illegal immigration was about anchor babies i.e. the opposite of abortion.

Jun 26th 2013 new
excuse me Dave,

My post wasn't as much baby and Ceefax as it was observing the environment around me and nine that the people in leadership actively oppose God. My imagination continues to work overnight as a sleep. My previous post was just very seen my thoughts and opinions. It wasn't based on the hard-core facts that I saw somewhere. And as I was riding it was the Catholic Church back and go as tim. I started to say the church tomorrow, but really I would not that's not right Clairette to Navarrette to the US CCB.

Just driving Moneradw thinking I'd love to see if anyone else here has anything to say about it.
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: We are in a spiritual battle. It will take spiritual weapons to win. The Hebrew word for the Queen Mother is rooted in the word for warrior. Our mightiest weapon was recommended by the Queen Mother herself. THE ROSARY!!!

The country and the world cannot be won focussing on worldly measures.

TRUE- ALL! I feel the same. We are in a spiritual battle. What we hear in the news daily shows parts of this battle. We must continue with the rosary! rosary
Jun 26th 2013 new
John Paul II has said this is it time great and many since will be married!
Jun 27th 2013 new
Clair Iam unsure as to the meaning of your sentence. John Paul II said what about being married?
Jun 27th 2013 new
Sorry, I'm working with the new dictation software And in the kitchen all of the errors.

John Paul II said now is the time great saints are being maide. He saw the struggles of our times and knew they will be defeated at some point. In defeating the enemy great people will need to step to the plate.
Jun 27th 2013 new
Did it again kitchen in my last post should have been catch.
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: excuse me Dave,

My post wasn't as much baby and Ceefax as it was observing the environment around me and nine that the people in leadership actively oppose God. My imagination continues to work overnight as a sleep. My previous post was just very seen my thoughts and opinions. It wasn't based on the hard-core facts that I saw somewhere. And as I was riding it was the Catholic Church back and go as tim. I started to say the church tomorrow, but really I would not that's not right Clairette to Navarrette to the US CCB.

Just driving Moneradw thinking I'd love to see if anyone else here has anything to say about it.
I'm sorry, I have no clue what you are trying to say here. What does baby and Ceefax mean scratchchin ??

Also what does it was observing the environment around me and nine that the people in leadership actively oppose God mean? I never mentioned anything about opposing God. The issue was the Galileo affair that I wanted to know more about, particularly how do you think the US Bishops changed their stance.

I also have no clue what this sentence means: And as I was riding it was the Catholic Church back and go as tim. I started to say the church tomorrow, but really I would not that's not right Clairette to Navarrette to the US CCB. I am sure my English is not very good, and I know that I am an idiot sometimes, but I can't make any sense out of this.

Finally, what is Moneradw?
Jun 27th 2013 new
Sorry Dave,

I am using new speech to text software and I am Assuming it is properly understanding me. That is the problem for most of the stuff you didn't understand.

The Galileo affair Made the church mad because someone outside the church was telling the church they had to change their teachings because of something he discovered In science. It was not Galileo's place to tell the church what to do. I listen to a lot of news and talk radio through the day and even EW TM radio. The things I heard reported from the US CB Sounded like you were trying to tell the senators what had to be in the legislation they voted on concerning the border security and immigration. Sadly no I don't remember any specifics at this point.

That does not mean the church and the bishops should not remind Love you so tors of their responsibilities to treat all human life with dignity.
Posts 11 - 20 of 21