Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: This was fun, but I was running out of a direction to go without crossing a line. As for the 70 year old man, I can't claim that has happened to me.
Perhaps we should move this thread to, "How to Get Endorsements from Other CM Members".

Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Jack-752986 said: - OK, OK, I'll stop
Woah woah I think we found our 1-liner Emoticon Man Blinded by love

hehehe

Anyway - bizarre indeed. It probably is a game to them - to see if you'll respond? But what a bizarre game it would be...
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Felicity-929402 said: By the way, Lynea- I love the title of this topic. I chuckled for a solid minute when I first saw it.. and it still has the power now.
I may reply to an emoticon with an emoticon, he is suppose to reply with a message if he's serious.. otherwise, no more replies from me!

Felicity, I like your approach. I usually start contact with interview answers or liking photos. I do not want to spend a lot of time writing messages to women who might not be interested. After she has looked at my profile, I usually follow up with a message. I have yet to meet anyone in person after more than a year on this site, so perhaps I should be doing something differently.
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Claudia-977635 said: If it's been happening for a few months?! Why in the world are you still responding to the person? Sounds like someone is enjoying playing games with you.
I think you're right. He contacted my friend on Christmas Eve. I am thinking it is someone who had contacted me under another profile and was, in fact, playing games.
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Have any of you received a seemingly perpetual influx of one-liner, emoticon messages from a member, without ever any discussion? This has happened to me for several months now, and the 'man' (if he is a man) won't respond to any questions, he won't say anything he can't say with an auto emote, and yet he doesn't give up. He doesn't have a photo, and I wonder if this is some odd-ball married man somewhere just scopin' out Catholic chicks.

Why would someone do such a thing?
I had that happen once...strange. After I realized we weren't going on to messages I told him we weren't a good match. Another one is the guy that has poofed on you a few times but keeps browsing you for months and months. I even wrote one and said that I didn't understand why he was still browsing me after he was the one to cut it off. Never got an answer on that one. rolling eyes The other guy actually had blocked me from communication after we had decided he lives too far (I never contacted him again, so why block me) and then kept browsing me. Finally admin. had to block him from browsing me cause he was creeping me out. Cyber Stalkers!
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: I had that happen once...strange. After I realized we weren't going on to messages I told him we weren't a good match. Another one is the guy that has poofed on you a few times but keeps browsing you for months and months. I even wrote one and said that I didn't understand why he was still browsing me after he was the one to cut it off. Never got an answer on that one. The other guy actually had blocked me from communication after we had decided he lives too far (I never contacted him again, so why block me) and then kept browsing me. Finally admin. had to block him from browsing me cause he was creeping me out. Cyber Stalkers!
I'm talking a couple of years that he was doing that!
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Ha! Caught ya!

Some women told me it was probably "Jack from San Diego".
Shhh, shhh Word will get around.

Actually, I can think and write in full sentences, too. laughing
But don't tell anyone. It might ruin my "reputation" for mischief. wink

Gone Fishing!
__\-------/__
goldfish
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said: Woah woah I think we found our 1-liner Emoticon Man

hehehe 
Oh no, too late. Word's getting around. wink

Gone Fishing!
__\-------/__
goldfish
Jun 21st 2013 new
Well hey now, the one-liner emoticon women exist, too. Not quite a rare specie as one would think ;) In all seriousness though, I've gotten several of those and they have all been from people who actually had photos and a well written profile. They just aren't persistent or so charmingly mysterious as your mystery man, however :P
Jun 21st 2013 new
it sounds like he is a married man he sounds like TROUBLE run girl run
Posts 31 - 40 of 40