Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: What about skirts that go TO to knee or one inch above it? I'd say that's modest, especially if the rest of the outfit that you put together fits the criteria of modesty. I think shorts that go to the knee or one or two inches above it are definitely okay as long as they are not too skin tight.
Would Padre Pio have heard your confession dressed thus? and Would you expect to see Our Lady as such?
Jun 29th 2013 new
The comedy here is that these women look tonnes more decently than women who profess to be Catholic.
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: If a person is holy and has a close relationship with Christ then what he or she finds attractive and God finds attractive will be one in the same.
While what you sayis true by definition, The problem is there are many more who think they are holy or have a close relationship with Christ than who actually do. Satan isn't known as the "great deceiver" without good reason.

Jun 29th 2013 new
Stylish, perhaps. but some of the dresses shown on the page you linked to are not modest.
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: After seeing some picture of Kate Middleton, she is a good dresser. The bottom picture is my most favorite of her. In that picture I say she looks more dressed up.

http://ladybojangle.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/style-crush-kate-middleton/
I like a woman in a dress or skirt but I like it when she wears nylons with it. It looks more polished.

A woman can look fine in pants but a dress or skirt looks more feminine.

heart
Jun 29th 2013 new
Of course when going to mass, I believe it's important to dress nice and not wear something you'd wear to a beach. I say dressing up for mass tells you take it seriously two cents.
Jul 1st 2013 new
Although this verse states God looks into the heart, I believe he does put some value on appearance.

1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said to Samuel, Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.

Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: What about skirts that go TO to knee or one inch above it? I'd say that's modest, especially if the rest of the outfit that you put together fits the criteria of modesty. I think shorts that go to the knee or one or two inches above it are definitely okay as long as they are not too skin tight.
Marita,

I say top of knee (general rule). Once you go above the knee we start to ask the question how far is too far, and then everyone gets confused...

Here is the key. Modesty is not so much about preventing sin as inspiring virtue. Modesty is orientated to getting us into perfect relationship with one another. That's why I wear a suit to mass- it fits the surroundings! In west coast swing dancing wearing a dress would actually be less modest than well fitted slacks, because it does not highlight the beauty of the dance. In waltz a full length gown is the modest choice. Modest also depends on what your body looks like. What might be modest on one person would not be modest on another. Generally, get the opinion of people you trust...
Jul 1st 2013 new
yes! well said!
Posts 41 - 49 of 49