Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: I am open to either possibility. I never say never:) God always surprises and it is always much more perfect than I could ever plan!!
You get a Gold Star! Excellent answer!!
Jun 20th 2013 new
For men, not unless they want to be. I can see you being engaged in a year, if you put your mind to it! tongue For me, I have no intention on staying single the rest of my life. Period. The End. (Stomps foot) mischievous laughing

Jun 20th 2013 new
I've been single again since 1998 and I really, really would like to finish out my life with a loving husband by my side, but I know that God is in control of the final decision on that issue. theheart
Jun 20th 2013 new
I am very afraid I will be. Living alone, now that my son is grown up...feels like I am waiting for something. And I hope it's not moving to the Nursing Home. I try to keep busy...but I hate it. I don't hate myself....just the abandonment that widowhood brings hey...we won't be alone in heaven though. So whatever, whenever....I know I am not in charge. Bring it on Lord. I give up. You're in charge...If I have to be alone..okay. But darn it, God, You know I was a great wife, and I am sure there's somebody who needs me come on Mary, send me a spouse...or at least a date.
Jun 20th 2013 new
Hi Kenny, I really dont know if I will be single the rest of my life. I sure do not want to be, but if no one comes around, I guess I will have alot of good friends I met from this site.
I am thinking of new things to accomplish while waiting
Either go golfing or become a Politician.
Any way I look at it, I have met alot of nice ladies on this site, in the meantime just be the best Christian you could be.
Blessings to all
Michael
Jun 20th 2013 new
What does that mean? What is "being single for life??"
I have so many friends all over the world. The only mold that I have ever fit is being Catholic. It makes perfect sense. It fills every need that I have.
I am a convert, so my lifestyle, very unfortunately, has not always been a Catholic lifestyle. I have always had religion, and spirituality, but it never made sense, there was always something missing. There is nothing missing anymore.
So why am I here?
I am here because I can meet people who truly understand what I just explained. I am here because my work has brought me (back, interestingly enough) to a place that I do not know anyone except the people I work for,and I am having a hard time finding a church. I am here because I want to find a friend who shares my Catholic values.

So, is the question really, Have I lost intimacy for life?
Well that answer is certainly, no, I have never felt more intimate, than when I take communion, when I confess, when I stand next to my fellow Catholic, hand in hand, and recite, with devotion, every word of The Lords Prayer. No, I am much more intimate than I have ever been in my life.

So, is the question really, will I be alone for life?
My faith has given me a Mother forever, a Father for eternity, Angels to watch over me, Saints to pray with, and friends in my church to share my spirituality (when I do find a new one, I miss my Parish). Anytime that I want, I can stop and look around at the beautiful world that we live read the most perfect book ever written, kiss the cross on the Rosary that belonged to my Grandfather, or go to a mass and see all of my Catholic, brothers and sisters. I know, without any uncertainty, I am not alone, now or in life.

So, is the question really, am I dateless for life?
If that is true, it is by choice. As ugly as my mug is ;0), the odds are, if I asked 100 women (in a respectful Catholic way) to spend time with me, I think I could make that happen (OK, maybe 200 - BE NICE!). But then what? What is it that I want, am I truly prepared for what a relationship will bring? Or am I still on a journey to learn how to be worthy of that time with a wonderful women, that I thought enough of to ask on that date (I know what that is about, I have blown it with some pretty wonderful women). That one women that is meant to make me "not single".
Maybe she is French!
Guess what? I don't speak French. I am not ready for her.
Maybe she loves to ride a bike??
Guess what? I don't own one anymore .I am not ready for her.
Maybe she does not own a computer.
We all know what I am WWW.doingrightnow, .com. Am I ready for her?

I have read a lot of "if it is God's plan then I will be OK with that." Well I agree with that.
But I also believe, that I am absolutely certain I know what God wants from all of us. That is to be the best Man or Woman that we can possibly be. Nothing more. Nothing less. I am certain, that if I learned French, exercised more using a bike, went to the library more, and read - learning more about our faith and how to be that better man, instead of hanging out on jewishlutheranmethodistmormonmuslimmatch.com (I say with jest not sarcasm) the answer of, "are you single for life ??" would be a resounding-
"No Way!"

Jun 20th 2013 new
I would hope not. LOL!
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
Are YOU Single for Life ??
I'm not too sure if I am, but probably..Let me explain...

Joining Catholic Match is kinda my last attempt at finding a Sweetheart....

I've tried Jewish Match with no results,,,

I've tried Lutheran Match with no results,,

I've tried Methodist Match with no results,,,

I've tried Mormon Match with no results,,,

I've tried Muslim Match with no results....

I did have one response on Eskimo Match,,,but I didn't know how to rub noses....

So, I'm 90% sure I'll be single for the rest of my life,,,sadly......
I'm 8% sure that I'm having Meatloaf tonight for supper...
and I'm 2% sure that I have to hurry this up and go to the bathroom.. So that equals 100%.....

HOW ABOUT YOU ?????????

Will YOU be single the rest of YOUR life ??????
I have to admit I do feel like that. I have tried Match.com , and so many other sites I had hope that God would have answered my prayer for a person who I would like to spend the rest of life with but Gods time is not my time I think I will meet that special someone. But I have learned to accept what God wants for me.. So I continue to pray God will lead me to that person. As I tell my 1st Grade Religious Education class God does answer prayers but in his own time and sometimes the answer is no.
Jun 20th 2013 new
You know I struggle with this.from a couple of angles. I didn't expect to be single at this point in my life and to be honest it was my biggest fear. My grandmother's were both widowed in their early fifties and never remarried. My mother divorced and annulled and never remarried. I didn't want to be widowed or divorced young and then spend the last half of my life alone. I have always known my vocation was marriage, not the convent, not the single lay life. But, over the past year I have had to accept the fact that perhaps I am to be a widow for the remainder of my life. And, I say a widow, because no matter what I say to myself, I am not single. I am a widow and while I am free to marry and would very much like to do that, my reality is different from someone who was never married and it is even different from someone who is divorced and annulled.

So over the past fourteen months, I have been slapped with my biggest fear, come to terms with it, even if somewhat reluctantly, determined I can go on and do some remarkable things, am blessed with a large family and many good friends. I do not have to be alone any day or night except when I crawl into bed, and if I count the four legged companions not even then. The idea of never having that one person to snuggle tight against and just be with makes my heart sort of stutter, but I know I will be okay. I survived the most wrenching loss and it didn't kill me. I have continued to breath and wake and work and interact, so I will continue to do so. I really hope I have the opportunity to be a wife again, but if not I will continue to love and be loved and try to follow what God asks of me. There is nothing more to fear in this world, it has already happened.
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Mark-973148 said: What does that mean? What is "being single for life??"
I have so many friends all over the world. The only mold that I have ever fit is being Catholic. It makes perfect sense. It fills every need that I have.
I am a convert, so my lifestyle, very unfortunately, has not always been a Catholic lifestyle. I have always had religion, and spirituality, but it never made sense, there was always something missing. There is nothing missing anymore.
So why am I here?
I am here because I can meet people who truly understand what I just explained. I am here because my work has brought me (back, interestingly enough) to a place that I do not know anyone except the people I work for,and I am having a hard time finding a church. I am here because I want to find a friend who shares my Catholic values.

So, is the question really, Have I lost intimacy for life?
Well that answer is certainly, no, I have never felt more intimate, than when I take communion, when I confess, when I stand next to my fellow Catholic, hand in hand, and recite, with devotion, every word of The Lords Prayer. No, I am much more intimate than I have ever been in my life.

So, is the question really, will I be alone for life?
My faith has given me a Mother forever, a Father for eternity, Angels to watch over me, Saints to pray with, and friends in my church to share my spirituality (when I do find a new one, I miss my Parish). Anytime that I want, I can stop and look around at the beautiful world that we live read the most perfect book ever written, kiss the cross on the Rosary that belonged to my Grandfather, or go to a mass and see all of my Catholic, brothers and sisters. I know, without any uncertainty, I am not alone, now or in life.

So, is the question really, am I dateless for life?
If that is true, it is by choice. As ugly as my mug is ;0), the odds are, if I asked 100 women (in a respectful Catholic way) to spend time with me, I think I could make that happen (OK, maybe 200 - BE NICE!). But then what? What is it that I want, am I truly prepared for what a relationship will bring? Or am I still on a journey to learn how to be worthy of that time with a wonderful women, that I thought enough of to ask on that date (I know what that is about, I have blown it with some pretty wonderful women). That one women that is meant to make me "not single".
Maybe she is French!
Guess what? I don't speak French. I am not ready for her.
Maybe she loves to ride a bike??
Guess what? I don't own one anymore .I am not ready for her.
Maybe she does not own a computer.
We all know what I am WWW.doingrightnow, .com. Am I ready for her?

I have read a lot of "if it is God's plan then I will be OK with that." Well I agree with that.
But I also believe, that I am absolutely certain I know what God wants from all of us. That is to be the best Man or Woman that we can possibly be. Nothing more. Nothing less. I am certain, that if I learned French, exercised more using a bike, went to the library more, and read - learning more about our faith and how to be that better man, instead of hanging out on jewishlutheranmethodistmormonmuslimmatch.com (I say with jest not sarcasm) the answer of, "are you single for life ??" would be a resounding-
"No Way!"

BowclapBow

I'm not too worried about it. I've been single most of my life. I was born single and I'll likely die single (most do.) What happens in between is all adventure!

I do know that if I marry it won't be because I settled for someone who was not right for me or I for him. If I marry it will be magic, in a blessed way. If I don't, God will use me and my life for great things. Either way it is win-win, for He and I. biggrin
Posts 11 - 20 of 40