Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
Are YOU Single for Life ??
Kenny,It's not over 'till the fat lady sings. For me, things never happen "on demand". I always get blindsided by things I need and have been seeking for a while.
I don't put all my eggs in the "catholic match" basket and have been looking directly in places where ladies of my age tend to congregate.
We'll see.
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: I have been slapped with my biggest fear, come to terms with it, even if somewhat reluctantly, determined I can go on and do some remarkable things, am blessed with a large family and many good friends. I know I will be okay. I survived the most wrenching loss and it didn't kill me. I have continued to breath and wake and work and interact, so I will continue to do so. I really hope I have the opportunity to be a wife again, but if not I will continue to love and be loved and try to follow what God asks of me.
Lauren, this is brilliant and I agree wholeheartedly. hug
Jun 21st 2013 new
I am at peace with being single for the rest of my life if God wills it so. I have put in my request for a loving Catholic sacramental Marriage and my answer for now is Not Yet. So I will continue on CM and since I have been on Cm I have met some very nice people to journey with. God has it all under control and I aint stessin" over the search.
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
Are YOU Single for Life ??
I'm not too sure if I am, but probably..Let me explain...

And so what if you are?

Seriously. They say life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

You can choose to sit at home, eating bonbons, watching old movie reruns...or you can be out improving your mind, your heart, your relationship with God.

You can pine away your life waiting for "the One" who may never show up, like the "Gentleman Caller" in one of Tennessee WIlliams' plays.

Or you can concentrate on YOU being the best YOU that God gave you the gifts to be. If someone likes the cut of your jib, well, then it was meant to be. If not? God has OTHER plans for you, if you will just listen. We get messed up when we confuse our disordered desires for what is supposed to be...as the old saying goes "Let go, and let God".

But sitting back wondering if you are supposed to be single or married or "why don't I have someone" is concentrating on the wrong question.

The right one is "am I doing God's will for me, being the best Catholic I can, and trusting HE knows what's best for me?"

See a theme here?
Jun 21st 2013 new
Hopefully not, God willing, but if I am I still have my four beautiful daughters and am also blessed with three beautiful grand kids to keep me busy.
Jun 22nd 2013 new
It looks like I will be single but no sure I am bothered about it any more - would not mind a friend to go for coffee with
Jun 22nd 2013 new
try inmates.com they never really go anywhere!!
Jun 22nd 2013 new
Kenny I feel your pain

I tried

check-out-my-muscles match
love-my-boaconstrictor match
live-with-my-parents match
elvis-is-alive match
government-has-ufo-technology match
cell block c match

no success sad I just want to be loved weeping

eyebrow

...anyway - I pray that I accept what God's plan is for me, if it's single for life, I pray for the grace to accept it.

Jun 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Since I've been here for awhile I'm guessing that's so...lol At least I'm in good company :-)
Gee, Ann. Your message made me think.

So many good Catholics on here trying to find a mate. So few of us actually doing so.

I smell a skunk somewhere...

(I think so many folks here find that it is easier to put up a profile and post about the misery of being alone, than to actually take the chance of getting to know someone and maybe fall in love.)

Michael
Jun 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Michael-780154 said: I smell a skunk somewhere...

(I think so many folks here find that it is easier to put up a profile and post about the misery of being alone, than to actually take the chance of getting to know someone and maybe fall in love.)

Michael

I agree......Also, just read the forums and not the profiles. ...You can tell a lot more about a person from their forum posts than from their profile....
Many seem controlling,,un-compromising,,,,,a bit self centered,,,,seeming to want combativeness at times...

I don't know about others,,,,,,but I run away from adversity.....The real world presents enough adversity,,,don't need it in a potential Sweetheart too !!!!!!

I make is simple and honest...!!!!!!!

""""" I'm just a BOZO seeking a BOZA""""""""....Hopefully,,,,,"""""You are a BOZA seeking a BOZO"""""......

luv
Mr. BOZO.
Posts 21 - 30 of 40