Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

tips in the kitchen

Jun 20th 2013 new
have you ever wished your ice cream would melt faster than what it does? I have. So, I created a way to do just that. Of course this is an original idea that no else has ever thought of, right? OK, my tip is to put the box of frozen ice cream in the microwave for several seconds to one minute. you will be surprised at how fast you'll be sitting down to a delicious bowl of your favorite ice cream. Now, I do that with other frozen items as well. Bacon for one. please don't tell me I didn't create this idea and you know all about it!! laughing

care to share your tips in the kitchen today?
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: have you ever wished your ice cream would melt faster than what it does? I have. So, I created a way to do just that. Of course this is an original idea that no else has ever thought of, right? OK, my tip is to put the box of frozen ice cream in the microwave for several seconds to one minute. you will be surprised at how fast you'll be sitting down to a delicious bowl of your favorite ice cream. Now, I do that with other frozen items as well. Bacon for one. please don't tell me I didn't create this idea and you know all about it!!

care to share your tips in the kitchen today?
Dear Connie,

Thank you so very much for starting this thread!!! I had a gallon of vanilla Schwann's ice cream that is always rock solid. Can't eat it that way!!! Thank you so very much for inventing the idea of putting my rock solid ice cream in the microwave for a few seconds!!

I am so excited that I can now enjoy softer ice cream without having to wait!! Talk about fast food!!
Jun 20th 2013 new
About the bacon, I use kitchen shears to cut the bacon slices in half right prior to separating and frying. this way, they cook faster and do not curl up. They also cook more evenly.
Jun 20th 2013 new
laughing laughing laughing

I microwave ice cream all the time, and EVERYONE in the house gets on my back about it! Finally they put a note on the microwave showing a flowchart: Are you Marge? If no, enjoy your food. If yes, are you holding a bowl of ice cream? If yes, back away slowly and put the container back in the freezer.

They were very disappointed that I didn't send it in to "passiveaggressivenotes.com".
Jun 20th 2013 new
Tips in the kitchen? Sure, the jar is just next to the range. Bills only, please, we don't like coins, and we don't take Canadian.

two cents
Jun 20th 2013 new
I don't even own a pair of kitchen shears. guess I should put that on my list. Since I defrost the bacon somewhat, it cooks a lot faster. I must sound like I'm in a hurry:)

I put a piece of frozen Pepperidge Farm Cake in the microwave yesterday then forgot about it. Oops! guess what? the cake icing melted so much it tasted like chocolate fudge syrup over the warm cake. It was very good that way.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Tips in the kitchen? Sure, the jar is just next to the range. Bills only, please, we don't like coins, and we don't take Canadian.

laughing laughing laughing
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

I microwave ice cream all the time, and EVERYONE in the house gets on my back about it! Finally they put a note on the microwave showing a flowchart: Are you Marge? If no, enjoy your food. If yes, are you holding a bowl of ice cream? If yes, back away slowly and put the container back in the freezer.

They were very disappointed that I didn't send it in to "passiveaggressivenotes.com".
laughing i can't believe I've found someone who uses their micro the way i do
Jun 20th 2013 new
When I fry bacon, I fry the whole pound and use whatever I want and put the rest in the freezer in a zip lock bag. You can have cooked bacon by just warming it up for thirty seconds or so. Instant BLT or Sunday eggs and bacon without the mess.
Jun 20th 2013 new
That is a brilliant idea for bacon. I am having the hardest time with cooking anything for just me.Even when it was technically just Pete and I for a few months there, he always made extra and took it to work, so we were still cooking like we were cooking for a family. Now, its just me and I don't have a clue what to do. . .Lauren
Posts 1 - 10 of 61