Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: I agree. i had to run out last night to Big Lots to get more aluminium foil. I won't heat anything in the oven w/o it.

For many uses in the oven, I have switched to Parchment Paper (in the baking section of stores). It's like a miracle in helping to get cakes & breads out of the pans. My children eat a LOT during sports seasons ... so I use lots of coupons & sales.

Jun 28th 2013 new
The crock pot is your friend. Along with left over margarine containers for storing the leftovers in the freezer in 1 meal servings. A chuck roast with a can of tomato sauce or 2 and a few table spoons ogf Itslian seadoning. S serve it over spaghetti YUM you can eat for a week or two. My other favorite thing to do is cook fish outdide on the grill so the house doesn't stink. I will even put the cast iron pan on the grill to do this.
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Keith-585743 said: Tip for the garbage disposal:

Whenever you use citrus fruits, especially lemon or lime, drop a few small pieces of the rind into the garbage disposal. Run the disposal w/o adding water for a few seconds, then turn off the disposal and leave ground-up citrus rind in the disposal for 20-30 minutes. This helps to freshen things up in that nasty disposal...
I'm so glad you brought this up. I accidently dropped a few peelings of an clementine into the disposal tonight. Let it go down then turned the disposal on. I hope that helped but will keep the lime rind for this purpose also.
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bridget-387583 said: For many uses in the oven, I have switched to Parchment Paper (in the baking section of stores). It's like a miracle in helping to get cakes & breads out of the pans. My children eat a LOT during sports seasons ... so I use lots of coupons & sales.

i saw a big roll of that but passed over it. will get it the next time I go to the store. Thanks!
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) John-559440 said: The crock pot is your friend. Along with left over margarine containers for storing the leftovers in the freezer in 1 meal servings. A chuck roast with a can of tomato sauce or 2 and a few table spoons ogf Itslian seadoning. S serve it over spaghetti YUM you can eat for a week or two. My other favorite thing to do is cook fish outdide on the grill so the house doesn't stink. I will even put the cast iron pan on the grill to do this.
You know, I don't own a crock pot but have always wanted to get one. Your recipe sounds really good, one that I will try. I don't have a grill either. Got rid of the gas grill years ago. just never used it and it was taking up space. I asked around to see who wanted it but no one jumped at it so I put it out on bulk pick up day. Someone took all the good parts out and left the housing for it. lucky them. I need to get a table top charcoal grill though now especially with our hurricanes right around the corner. My neighbor told me to pick all his mangos off his tree today so I can't wait to make up dishes using them. any ideas?
Jun 29th 2013 new
Keith that sounds absolutely delicious! I love asparagus and bacon but never thought to put them together. Also finding the tips for cooking for one very helpful. Its hard to get used to it after feeding five kids for so long.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
When I cook things like meat loaf, I portion it up and freeze it. That way I can take it for lunch to work or have it another day but I do not have to have it all week. I do that with many meals. Also, I like to make my own soups but I never learned how to make just a little bit--I end up making a big pot and then freezing individual portions.

For items that tend to go bad before I can finish them, I use the buddy system. My buddy and I take turns buying things like milk, bread, etc and split them. That way we do not both end up with spoiled foods. Sometimes we share meals too. We cook and then give portions to each other for additional variety.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Thank you Keith. The garbage disposal is clean and fresh now!!
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Another tip about bacon. If you life alone a full pound is more than you should consume before it goes bad so when you get home from the store divide the bacon into single serving portions and freeze what you won't use immediately. I like to cook mine in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes. No grease spatter. Did you know you can "hard boil" eggs in that same half hour. Put the eggs in a muffin tin. Sounds strange but it works.
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Another tip about bacon. If you life alone a full pound is more than you should consume before it goes bad so when you get home from the store divide the bacon into single serving portions and freeze what you won't use immediately. I like to cook mine in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes. No grease spatter. Did you know you can "hard boil" eggs in that same half hour. Put the eggs in a muffin tin. Sounds strange but it works.
never have heard of hard boiling eggs in the oven. I'm going to try it.
Posts 51 - 60 of 61