Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 1st 2014 new
'Mary of Nazareth' about a month ago. Low budget film, but good. Typically depicted Christ as a Norwegian instead of the Palestinian Jew that he was.

Saw 'American Hustle' Sunday & enjoyed it.
Jan 3rd 2014 new
Abbott And Costello Meet The Killer,Boris Karloff(1949)working in a fancy hotel is house detective Casey Edwards(Bud Abbott)and bellhop Freddie Philips(Lou Costello) A crime writer shows up at the hotel and after a run in with Freddy demands his job.Freddy is fired and the crime reporter is murdered.Everyone except Casey suspects Freddy whos innocent. Also at the hotel is Swami Talpur(Boris Karloff)whos hired by the murderer to get rid of Freddie,but Freddies too dumb to be hympnotized. The boys deal with Inspector Wellman(James Flavin)the local cop on the case,a bunch of spooky friends of The Swami,plus The Killer(Whos not Karloff) Scary scene when Freddie,Casey,and the police are sent to a cave with bottomless pits,cliftsscary creatures,,and the killer lurking behind every rock. Good nourish Thriller.A strange film for Bud and Lou.(Needless to say Bud and Lou are Bud and Lou.) images.moviepostershop.com
Jan 4th 2014 new
Abbott and Costello In The Foreign Legion(1950)Bud and Lou go to Algeria to find Abdullah(William Wee Willie Davis)a champion wrestler of North Africa.The boys plan to return to the States with him and make him a champ. In Algeria word gets to Sheik Hamud el Khalid(Douglas Dumbrille)head of the local tribe and Abdullahs cousin.The Shiek think the boys are spies for the French..He orders Josef(Dan Seymour)his head assassin and his men to get rid of them. The boys go to the Local French Foreign Legion Post for safety,but their troubles start when they find SGT Axmann(Walter Slezak)in charge and he tricks them into signing up with the legion.Axmann is a villin and a turncoat on The Shieks payroll. A French Agent pretty Nicole Dupre(Patricia Medina)promises to get the boys out of the Legion and ,find Abdulla if they they can help get the evil Axmann. My personal favorite Abbott and Costello film. Very funny scene when the boys are lost in the desert and find an oasis.The Shieks men are there before them and one of the men loses his false teeth in the water.A catfish gets the false teeth in its mouth and Lou and the catfish have the fight of the century. en.wikipedia.org
Jan 4th 2014 new
I watched The Searchers starring John Wayne last night. It looks OUTSTANDING on Blu-ray.
Jan 6th 2014 new
Pardon My Sarong(1942)Algernon(Bud Abbott)and Wellington(Lou Costello)are two Chicago bus drivers off their schedule driving yacht owner Tommy Layton(Robert Paige)to California for a big race.The bus company hire a detective Kendall(William Demarest)to bring back them and the bus. After escaping Kendall,Tommy hires the boys to help him in the race.Also along is Joan Marshall(Virginia Bruce)whos brother is in the race and wants to stop Tommy from winning.A storm upsets everything and everyone is stuck in the middle of the Pacific where they find an island with natives.Tommy,Joan,and the boys get lucky when the native chief (Samuel S Hinds)takes a liking to Wellington and wants him to marry his daughter(Nan Wynn)Whaba(Leif Erickson)the island bully is also in love with the chiefs daughter. Algerman,Tommy,and Joan,meets a strange MR Varnoff(Lionel Atwill)living on the island but what they don't know is hes a heel out to get the jewels owned by the natives and a special diamond,owned by the chief worth a fortune.Wellington has the misfortune of being given the diamond by the chief and Varnoff and his gang of pirates are hot on his trail. Very funny scene when Wellington and the chiefs daughter are sitting under the Truth Tree.If someone tells a lie,something happens to them.InWellingtons case coconuts fall on him.Needless to say,wellington gets his share of coconuts. en.wikipedia.org
Jan 7th 2014 new
Murder My Sweet(1944)Private detective Philip Marlowe(Dick Powell)is being questioned by police LT Randall(Donald Douglas)for two murders.Philip decides to tell the police the story. a few nights before Philip is visited by Moose Malloy(Mike Mazurki)an ex bank robber who just did eight years.Moose wants Philip to find his girl Velma. They visit a run down bar where Velma use to work and was owned by a Mike Florian.Mike was dead but his widow Jesse(Ester Howard)is alive and tells Philip Velma is dead,but she hides a photo of Velma.Philip gets the photo and suspects shes not telling the truth. The next day Philip has another customer Lindsay Marriott(Douglas Walton)who wants Philip to go with him that night to buy back a valuable jade stolen from a lady Marriot works for.Marriot is killed and Philip is beaten up. Philip finds the Jade was owned by a well to do MR Grayle(Miles Mander)who lives with his much younger wife Helen(Claire Trevor)and daughter Ann(Ann Shirley)Moose gets in touch with Phil and takes him to meet mob czar Jules Amthor(Otto Kruger)who thinks Phil has the Jade.Phil is beaten and drugged when he tells them he doesn't have the neckalace. Philip and Ann are falling in love much to the anger of Helen.www.tcm.com Great Film Noir.This changed Dick Powells carrer from being in musicals to doing dramatic parts.
Jan 7th 2014 new
I finally saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on Sunday night. Thought it was much better than the first.
Jan 7th 2014 new
Brian, That sounds like my former wife(? was she?) that was from Red China. I met her in Grad School and she told me that she wanted to become Catholic and have a large family and....I didn't work for the FBI like Matt, but do have a caseworker at Sen. McCain's office (He was well trained in the matter with Joe Kernan at the Hanoi Hilton). It sounds like and excellent movie that couldn't be appreciated by the unschooled American. Eve is out there though shhh

I took my 15 yr. old daughter to see 'The Book Thief' which she loved and it helped with her German class. Also, after Christmas, my 90 yr. old mother had us watch 'Gone With the Wind' for a fun-type history lesson followed by the 'Manchurian Candidate' with Frank Sinatra. Mom was a former U.S. Navy nurse during WW-II and worked in the receiving area at NYC and Bethesda Naval Hospital where she handled some of the worst cases that came in from the Europaeon Theatre. Many of these classic movies are excellent 'quick-study history lessons' for an honor student who never gets the true facts of the public school agenda. We received 'East of Eden' which an old family friend, who is a Lutheran social worker, who also uses classic films in her cases with teenage-divorce victims. rosary theheart

theheart
Jan 7th 2014 new
I Married A Witch(1942)Salem 1672 Daniel(Cecil Kellaway)and his daughter Jennifer(Veronica Lake)are burned for being witches by puritain Jonathan Wooley(Fredric March)and their imprisoned in a tree. Two hundred years go by and after lightning hits the tree,Daniel and Jennifer are free.They find Jonathan is long gone but his great,great grandson(Fredric March)is alive and running for governor.Jonathan is engaged to Estelle Masterson(Susan Hayward)and the witches fix a love potion when they find Estelle doesn't love him and they want him forever married to her. The tables are turned when Jennifer gets the potion and she falls for Jonathan whos a decent sort.Daniel is angry when he finds his daughter is turning good. en.wikipedia.org
Jan 7th 2014 new
I'm watching a Hong Kong movie called The Way We Were, about a guy trying to get into the movie business. This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200