Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 10th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I'm on a bit of a Gianna Jun kick .... she's a South Korean actress. She is best known for the 2001 Korean comedy "My Sassy Girl" (which I have on import DVD).

Monday night I watched a horror movie she starred in a couple of years ago, "Blood: The Last Vampire". If you couldn't guess by the title it's extremely bloody; alas, the plot is a bit thin. I don't recommend it.

This evening I watched the first bit of a movie she made in Amsterdam in 2006, called "Daisy". Haven't gotten into the meat of the film yet but it looks more promising. It's directed by Hong Kong filmmaker Andrew Lau, who was one of two credited directors on the excellent HK crime thriller "Infernal Affairs".
BTW, "Gianna" is an Americanized screen name that she took for the release of "Blood: The Last Vampire", which I believe was the first role where she spoke mainly English for an entire film. Her Korean birth name is Jun Ji-Hyun. (Jun being her surname, which comes first in Korean names.)

Through the first 15 minutes of "Daisy", which was made earlier, she does speak a few words of English, but mainly Korean.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Between Midnight Till Dawn(1950)Two ex Marines now the local police officers Rocky Barnes(Mark Stevens)and Dan Purvis(Edmund OBrien)hear a new voice on their police car radio.The boys find its Kate Mallory(Gale Storm)daughter of a slain police officer.The boys meet Kate and both fall for her.Kate,after the death of her father,doesnt want to get serious with a policeman.But after awhile Katie falls for Rocky. The local wiseguy Richie Garris(Doald Bulka)is the boys main problem running a protection racket.Garris,Rocky,and Dan have little use for each other. When a big time mobster Leo Gusick(Roland Winters)come to town and tries to cut in on the gangs operation,Garris kills him and after a police chase Garris is arrested,put on trial and sentenced to death.Garris soon escapes and threatens revenge on Dan and Rocky. The boys try to find him with little luck.The only lead they have is Garris mistress,Terry Ramaine(Gale Robbins)In the search Garris shoots Rocky and Dan is more determined than ever to capture the gangster. Great Film www.learnaboutmovieposters.com
Jul 12th 2013 new
Shatter Island. It was on TV and I'm glad I didn't waste money on it in the movie theater. What a terribly predictable stinker.
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: Shatter Island. It was on TV and I'm glad I didn't waste money on it in the movie theater. What a terribly predictable stinker.
Do you mean Shutter Island, with Leo DiCaprio? Haven't seen it. Thanks for the warning.
Jul 12th 2013 new
Come Fill The Cup(1951)Lew Marsh(James Cagney)is the worlds grearest newspaperman but problems start when he begins to drink and slowly loses everything,his job,self respect,and his girl Paula(Phyllis Thaxter)After hitting skid row he winds up in an alcoholic ward.Lew is determined on his release day never to return.A pal,Charlie(James Gleason)takes him in and helps him slowly get his job back.Paula marries Boyd Copeland(Gig Young)nephew of his boss John Ives(Raymond Massey)a wealthy newspaper tycoon..John wants Lew to help Boyd whos an alcoholic.Lew finds that Boyd was having an affair with Maria Diego(Charlita)mistress of crime czar Lennie Garr(Sheldon Leonard)Its up to Lew to solve all the problems. Cagney at his best. www.movieposter.com
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Do you mean Shutter Island, with Leo DiCaprio? Haven't seen it. Thanks for the warning.
It was that bad. I couldn't remember the name.
Jul 13th 2013 new
Bullets Or Ballots(1936)Ward Bryant(Henry ONeil)is a newspaper publisher making a series of anti mob films.Hes soon murdered by Bugs Fenner(Humphrey Bogart)a top racketeer for the syndicate.After the killing a crime commission is put into action to break up the mobs.In charge is Dan McLaren(Joe King)Ace police detective Johnny Blake(Edward G Robinson)is saddened by the killing because Bryant was a close friend.In the sweep of the police department cleaning out bad cops Johnny is fired.Angry Johnny has a brutal fight with McLaren.Johnny meets with the gang boss Al Kruger(Barton Maclaine)and agrees to go to work for the syndicate.After being arrested Johnny is thrown into jail and finds McLaren waiting for him in his cell and we find Johnny is working for the law and his job is to find out who the heads of the syndicate are. DONT MISS. www.youtube.com
Jul 13th 2013 new
Pacific Rim.

Nothing terribly deep, just big ol' robots battling big ol' monsters for two hours. But if that rings your bell, you should enjoy this one.
Jul 16th 2013 new
Trailer Park Boys! It was recommended to me by someone on here. Ha ha ha. laughing
Jul 16th 2013 new
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison (1957) with Robert Mitchum and Deborah Kerr. A marine and a Nun stranded on a Pacific Island
Posts 21 - 30 of 200