Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 16th 2013 new
The Devil Thumbs A Ride(1947)Local hoodlum and wise guy Steve Morgan(Lawrence Tierney)holds up a movie house and brutally shoots the owner.Wanting to get out of town Morgan hitches a ride with Jimmy Furguson(Ted North)returning home to his wife(Marian Carr)At a gas station Morgan and Jimmy pick up two more hitchikers,Agnes Smith(Betty Lawford)and Carol Denning(Nan Leslie)At the gas station Morgan makes a cruel joke about the gas stations owners(Jack Kenny)daughter.After they leave the owner of the station gets a radio report about the robbery.The owner calls the police and they send out Det Owens(Harry Shannon)and they are out to get Morgan. Pretty good Noirish Thriller. www.impawards.com
Jul 20th 2013 new
Satan Never Sleeps(1962)China 1949.Father OBanion(William Holden)an ex WW2 Marine chaplain is sent to China to replace old priest Father Bovard(Clifton Webb)On his way Father OBanion saves the life of Sun Lan(Frances Nuyen)Sun Lan feels that father OBanion loves her because he saved her life. Ariving at the mission Father Bovard is ready to leave,but is soon returned by a red company.In charge is Ho San(Weaver Lee)once a devoted Catholic,but now is a hard core communist. Clifton Webb and Leo Mcareys final film. Based on the Pearl S Buck novel. www.dailymotion.com
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: For Greater Glory, 2012 movie, 2 hrs, 25 minutes, starring Andy Garcia. Movie based on historical facts abt how the president of Mexico persecuted Catholics in the early 1900s and banned Catholic ceremonies. It was obvious to me the actors were moved by the subject matter. Highly recommended. (I watched this on Netflix.)
Someone is loaning me a copy of For Greater Glory tomorrow, so I'll be seeing it soon. The last movie I saw was The Call with Halle Berry. It was good but it kept me in suspense.
Jul 21st 2013 new
The last movie I watched from the beginning to the end, was The Man Who Knew Too Much starring James Stewart and Doris Day.
Jul 22nd 2013 new
Just saw: "The Conjuring" yesterday. (pretty scary)
Jul 25th 2013 new
The Desperate Hours(1955)The Hilliards,Dan(Fredric March),his wife Ellie(Martha Scott)daughter Cindy(Mary Murphy)and young son Ralph(Richard Eyer)are a typical family ready to start the day.Dan and Cindy go off to work and Ralph goes to school.Cindy is in love with Chuck(Gig Young)a lawyer who Dan dislikes. A trio of escaped convicts Glenn Griffin(Humphrey Bogart)his brother Hal(DEwey Martin)and Sam Kobish(Robert Middleton)take over the home when Ellie is alone. The local sheriff,Jesse Bard(Arthur Kennedy)who sent the Griffins to jail years before gets word and knows Glenn is in town to kill him.The local state police led by LT Fredricks(Ray Teal)and FBI Agent(Whit Bissell)are also called in. When Dan,Cindy,and Ralph return home and find the gang there they are told by sadistic Glenn they will be with them until he gets a letter filled with money from his mistress.He warns if anybody tries anything the others will be killed. Dan must come up with a way to save his family. Keep an eye out for Alan Reed(Fred Flintstone) www.impawards.com
Jul 30th 2013 new
The Hitchiker(1953)Roy Collins(Edmond OBrien)and Gilbert Bowen(Frank Lovejoy)are on a fishing vacation to Mexico.On the way they pick up hitchhiker Enmmett Myers(William Tallman)and they soon find to their terror hes a notorious murderer with no regard for life. A bit scary,but will keep you on the edge of your seat. www.impawards.com
Aug 2nd 2013 new
The Black Book(1949)After the French Revolution Maximillian Robespierre(Richard Basehart)is out to become dictator.Only thing that's stopping him is his Black Book with the names of his fellow senate members who he plans to kill once he comes to power. The book falls in the hands of Charles Daubigny(Richard Basehart)a true French patriot.The problem is the secret police are all over France looking for the book. Charles finds another patriot Madelon(Adlene Dahl)whos also out to stop Robespierre at all costs. Great Thriller Directed by Anthony Mann. www.impawards.com
Aug 2nd 2013 new
"The Complete Metropolis".

A few years ago, a print of the 1927 silent sci-fi classic "Metropolis" was discovered in Argentina. It contains over 20 minutes of footage that had not been seen since its original Berlin premiere. The print was restored for a home video and limited theatrical release. It is currently available streaming on both Hulu and Netflix.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
I Was A Communist For The FBI(1951)Matt Cvetic(Frank Lovejoy)is by day one of Pittsburgs leading communists.By night hes working for the FBI keeping them updated on local red activities.Matt comes from a devoted Catholic family and is despised by his family and most of all by his son Dick(Ron Hagerthy) Head of the local red cell is Jim Blandon(James Millagan)a brutal bully.In flies head communist Gerhadt Eisler(Konstantin Shayne)whos impressed with Matts work and promotes him. After a riot in a steel plant where Matt is foreman and several people including Matts brother Joe(Paul Picerni)are badly beaten Matt wants to tell the truth and quit the party.Matts FBI contact Ken Crowley(Richard Webb)encourages him to stay on. Matt meets Dicks teacher Eve Merrick(Dorothy Hart)another local red.Eve is ordered by Blandon to keep an eye on Matt. The only one who knows Matts real work is priest(Roy Roberts)Matt wrote a letter in custody of the priest to be delivered to his family in case of his death,but the letter is stolen by Eve. www.impawards.com
Posts 31 - 40 of 200