Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Jun 23rd 2013 new
hug Praying
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Mother Seton, Pray for us
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Praying this works out and you have success in your fututre endeavors.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Praying
Jun 23rd 2013 new
God bless you Elizabeth. Praying.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
more sacrifice and prayer for the lovely lady then
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Hi Everyone,

I can't thank you enough for all your prayers for my small intention. You are all so good to me. I have a phone meeting with my psychological advisor @ CSUN tomorrow. It is between 12-1pm. PST )Calif. time) I am pretty nervous. Ever since I went back to school after my divorce it has been one roadblock after another. Very discouraging. I have done everything right and have been on the Dean's list since my first semester returning. But I guess it doesn't seem to matter. :( I just can't seem to move forward and pursue my M.S. program. My class (that was turned down) is starting tomorrow. If the meeting does not turn out positive I will be without a class for 8 weeks and have no idea how I am going to move forward and graduate.

I also forgot to mention in my petition that in 6 mos. or less I will be losing my job. The company is moving out of state. I will be at poverty level without my job. As you all know finding a job in this economical climate is extremely difficult. I have been praying back to back novenas for these intentions for the past 3 months. I an always praying a novena but for the past 3 mos. my intentions have been these two. I have been praying to St. Rita & St. Anthony, both saints of impossible causes. :) I told Jesus that I am not going to do these novenas for those intentions anymore. During my nightly prayer I am reading Sacred Scripture and St. Faustina's Diary. So I am not giving up. I have just put it at the foot of The Cross and am leaving it up to My Sweet Savior. He got me to this point He can surely help me now that I need it most. My prayers are of love, not asking anymore. I went to Adoration yesterday and told Him "I know You know what I so desperately need. So, I just came to love you and adore you not beg. As I am the consummate beggar and He knows that! :)
So i am thanking all my Catholoic friends whom I have grown to love, thank you for storming heaven for me. :)

His little one who is very afraid...
Elizabeth

Jun 23rd 2013 new
Hi Susan,
Thank you for praying. I miss you. :)
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Thank you so much!!!! You know what it is...and it is scary. Especially, being single and middle aged. :)
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Three Hail Marys prayed for your situation. All I can say, is if you are that close, do not give up, even if they do not accept the course you completed. I remember in doing my Doctorate, there were several times I nearly gave up (I mean, it was quite serious). But in the end, sometimes all I could do was to (figuratively) keep putting one foot in front of the other. Pretty soon, I was very close to finishing. The night before I was to present the final aspect of my degree, I had a near meltdown. I threw in the towel, and was going to give up. But then I began to try to think rationally, and thought to myself that I had made it all the way, this far, and the final aspect did not need to be perfect. So, I spent about an hour on preparation of the final aspect of my degree, and pretty much just winged it the next day. I made it. But I do understand what you are going through. Please pray, and even if your prayers don't seem answered... they actually are, and will continue to be answered. You are close. Sometimes when we are very close to something, the farther away it seems. Just don't give up... That's all I can say. Don't let someone take from you, what you are very close to earning. Persist through this. You deserve it, and you can do it, even if external forces are attempting to prevent you from achieving what you have earned.
Posts 11 - 20 of 33