Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Jun 25th 2013 new
Now it's time for an admission - I DID root for the Hawks three years ago when they played Philadelphia in the final. My reasoning at the time was that the Flyers had won the Cup in my lifetime, but the Hawks had not.

It is my tendency in any sport, when my own team(s) drop out, to root for the team that has had the longest wait for a championship. Thus I rooted for the Hawks in '10, the Canucks in '11 (they had never won -- and still haven't), and the Kings last year.

I was in a bit of a conundrum this year because the NHL's final four teams were the previous four champions ... none of the teams had waited long since their last Cup. I took to rooting against Chicago more than anything since they had knocked my Wings out. tongue But I try to be gracious in defeat ... so congratulations once again Blackhawks!
Jun 25th 2013 new
Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks and their loyal fans for winning the Stanley Cup in 2013.

Now I can get back to rooting for my New York Rangers to lift the Cup in 2014!
Jun 25th 2013 new
Congratulations to the BlackHawks!!!! I wish they had won it in Chicago because I didn't like the booing afterward, Truth be told I thought it was over then the Hawks scored 2 goals in 17 seconds! Wow!
Jun 25th 2013 new
Thanks Chicago for that VERY exciting finish! I shouldn't have doubted you....you're Chicago, after all!!! Will be in Indiana Wednesday night and now I can visit with Mom instead of shushing her so I can watch the game tongue Congratulations HAWKS, my second favorite team!!

And for 2014....LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Jun 25th 2013 new
Congradulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the Stanley Cup final!
Jun 25th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Yes Elizabeth ~ go Hawks go ! Red, white and black all over tuesdayyyyyyy! I thought the Bruins were a little too aggressive last night, not playing nice. But the HAWKS won anyway!
Let's have fun!
The Bruins do have a history of playing that way, i.e., Lucic running Sabres goalie Ryan Miller in a game a couple of seasons back and Marchand purposely going low and flipping an opponent...

Many congratulations to all Blackhawks fans! You had a truly great season with some fantastic memories for all NHL fans, from the way the team started the season to all the come-from-behind overtime victories in the playoffs.

What an exciting team! Congrats!
Jun 25th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: OK Hawks fans we need just one win-- how about Monday night!!!!

let's Go HAWKS!!!!!!!!

and no Bob--- definitely no black and gold.

and Michael yes, black and white and read all over will hopefully be Chicago on Tuesday morning.
My congrats go to your Hawks Elizabeth, they pulled off a great come from behind win, still was a good and exciting series, and don't worry, the Black and Gold will be back next year !
Jun 25th 2013 new
Congratulations to the Black Hawks! They now have 5 Stanley Cups which ties the # that my Edmonton Oilers have won. Great hockey and all credit to the Black Hawks!

11 weeks until fall training camps open!
Jun 25th 2013 new
rose Yes Yukon John, but it will take longer most likely for the Hawks to heal from their injuries
:( maybe as the season goes by they can catch up ? Or maybe they will just win every other year?!?!rose

I would like those old emoticons back with the ice skate ! faint
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Sheila-953093 said: Thanks Chicago for that VERY exciting finish! I shouldn't have doubted you....you're Chicago, after all!!! Will be in Indiana Wednesday night and now I can visit with Mom instead of shushing her so I can watch the game Congratulations HAWKS, my second favorite team!!

And for 2014....LET'S GO CAPS!!!

Shelia Thanks for the chuckle -- enjoy your visit with mom and swing by Chicago for the parade Friday!!
Posts 21 - 30 of 47