Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) John-34848 said: Congratulations to the Black Hawks! They now have 5 Stanley Cups which ties the # that my Edmonton Oilers have won. Great hockey and all credit to the Black Hawks!

11 weeks until fall training camps open!
Thanks again for the support. Good luck next year.
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: Now it's time for an admission - I DID root for the Hawks three years ago when they played Philadelphia in the final. My reasoning at the time was that the Flyers had won the Cup in my lifetime, but the Hawks had not.

It is my tendency in any sport, when my own team(s) drop out, to root for the team that has had the longest wait for a championship. Thus I rooted for the Hawks in '10, the Canucks in '11 (they had never won -- and still haven't), and the Kings last year.

I was in a bit of a conundrum this year because the NHL's final four teams were the previous four champions ... none of the teams had waited long since their last Cup. I took to rooting against Chicago more than anything since they had knocked my Wings out. But I try to be gracious in defeat ... so congratulations once again Blackhawks!
Thanks for the admission here and completely logical explanation for why you threw your support elsewhere. I tend to do the same thing
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) John-913295 said: Way to go Chicago - The Bruins thought they had us down, but couldn't finish off the last two minutes!! Congratulations to your 2013 Stanley Cup Champions - The Chicago Blackhawks.

The bandwagon filled up nicely there at the end thanks to everybody but especially Elizabeth, Jane and Sheila for your never ending optimism and good cheer! They did it!!!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone who cheered throughout the season or during the playoffs. Kate and Jose and Yukon John . Fun threads---
Jun 26th 2013 new
smile Elizabeth and Jane

Enjoy the parade this Friday.

October it starts all over again.

Jose
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Shelia Thanks for the chuckle -- enjoy your visit with mom and swing by Chicago for the parade Friday!!
Mom already has me booked for Friday but I have a niece (die hard Hawks fan) who will be in attendance...she lives/works in Evanston and used to play goalie for her local South Bend travel team! Til 2013-2014 season begins...GO HAWKS!!

Jun 26th 2013 new
Well well well...Chicago Blackhawks....Champions of Champions!!!

Thank you, Chicago, for wiping that insufferable smirk off Brad Marchand's face :D
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Jose-499568 said: Elizabeth and Jane

Enjoy the parade this Friday.

October it starts all over again.

Jose
Thanks Jose ~ I won't be going down there. It is too crazy for my blood. ! Thanks for the support!
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Sheila-953093 said: Mom already has me booked for Friday but I have a niece (die hard Hawks fan) who will be in attendance...she lives/works in Evanston and used to play goalie for her local South Bend travel team! Til 2013-2014 season begins...GO HAWKS!!

Go Sheila go! Good for your niece! I ued to play hockey in my younger years, now I just push around the puck. Hope she has fun Friday! Go Hawks! Woo!
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Gregory-862210 said: Well well well...Chicago Blackhawks....Champions of Champions!!!

Thank you, Chicago, for wiping that insufferable smirk off Brad Marchand's face :D
laughing laughing laughing
Jun 27th 2013 new
Jane, I hope you and Elizabeth are happy campers now!!!
Posts 31 - 40 of 47