Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jun 30th 2013 new
Thanks for posting this update. I'm sure everyone here is keeping your family in their prayers.

Is it feasible to consider a "blended" household consisting of you, brother, and the children (with Grandmother and aunt as occasional relief)? This would not be easy -- for anyone -- but what children need more than anything is stability...and running back and forth between houses every day is not stable.

hug
Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Thanks for posting this update. I'm sure everyone here is keeping your family in their prayers.

Is it feasible to consider a "blended" household consisting of you, brother, and the children (with Grandmother and aunt as occasional relief)? This would not be easy -- for anyone -- but what children need more than anything is stability...and running back and forth between houses every day is not stable.

Marge,
Your posts have so much wisdom in them...
Connie
I think this would be something to explore because if they lived in one home with one group of people then the stability and security would help calm them and even out the ups and downs. If several adults were living with them then no one is running all over picking them up. The kids could be put to bed at a reasonable hour and the adults could go to bed too...and they are not put back with Mrs Unstable
It wouldn't be easy for sure but God is never outdone in generosity...
I used to live near a family that was blended like this. Two widowed sisters and their children lived with the mom and the brother. I am sure there were tough times but they had a loving home where they could swap off with the kids and the mom had someone there to help her when needed.... hug rosary
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Cindy-959808 said: Marge,
Your posts have so much wisdom in them...
Connie
I think this would be something to explore because if they lived in one home with one group of people then the stability and security would help calm them and even out the ups and downs. If several adults were living with them then no one is running all over picking them up. The kids could be put to bed at a reasonable hour and the adults could go to bed too...and they are not put back with Mrs Unstable
It wouldn't be easy for sure but God is never outdone in generosity...
I used to live near a family that was blended like this. Two widowed sisters and their children lived with the mom and the brother. I am sure there were tough times but they had a loving home where they could swap off with the kids and the mom had someone there to help her when needed....
:) things will be changing for us soon regarding work hours and caring for the kids. It all will be different by August.
Posts 21 - 23 of 23