Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 23rd 2013 new
And not responding is also a waste of time on some peoples parts all I am asking is for a little common courtesy . Someone sends a message and you see they looked at your profile and still that is all you get just say no thank you. Also if someone just sends a smile what else are they supposed to say Hey I am free Friday night what are you doing. the emotigrams are a way to break the ice.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
If you want to claim the role of pursuer you have to take the consequences that go with it, namely, lots of rejections.

So far as it goes, I believe that in general men are better suited to it, but that deviating from this is not wrong so long as the WOMAN can handle rejection. And, that includes the woman knowing that the man may not be as experienced with rejection as a woman would be, hence it may happen in a clumsy manner.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
I have sent many of messages out to many women on here who were my age or a little bit younger. What I find even more laughable is how some Catholic women on here who are in their mid to late 20's feel that I am too old for them at 36 and that is a complete joke. Women have dated men older then them since the beginning of time and has went on in all walks of life regardless of what the person's race, creed, beliefs are and all the sudden younger Catholic women mid to late 20's cannot give a Catholic man in their mid 30's a chance?
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Mark,

I agree, and not because I'm 32, rather because it makes sense. In my case it is th opposite. I sometimes even pursue women who are 5 to 10 years older, and I also get lots of rejections. Think about it: women still live longer than men. My grandpa died 10 yrs ago, my granma was 3 yrs older than him, and she still lives! It's amazing how human rules affect our judgement or simply work out as excuses. There's always another reason, or almost always, which is less glamourous to admit in a message perhaps?
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Carlos, I want a woman a little bit younger then me, because when I get married I want somebody who is still young enough to have kids, because lets face it women my age or older, they run into more health problems the older they get trying to give birth. The man's age in that case is not as important as long as he is below the age of 50 and in good health.

Roy since you are my age here in this thread, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on what I said
Jun 23rd 2013 new
i have always answered any emotigrams or e-mails from anyone but been ignored on many i put out as well as many after i replied once they'd checked my profile and realized that i don't bother hiding anything from the start and am definitely a full package (coming with everything). i figure that is just because they are not someone who would be interested in close contact with a Spynx cat (they're kind of greasy like a Gollum from the hobbit), furred cats, a very large presently-shedding dog, or parrots since my zoo comes with me. i also come with a business requiring an in-home office, an ever-increasing education, and a library. This could be too much to handle for some men as the modern woman is supposed to be young, dumb, own nothing but have a large savings account and of course must be drop dead gorgeous (sorry guys, most of we women look worse with age despite God's sense of humor making your eyes get brighter in color and good features more pronounced as you age).

The ones who are really the truly rude ones are those who act as though there is potential for a relationship outside of friendship but are not being realistic or honest about their intentions. i'd rather not get strung along or used then slapped in the face like i'm some idiot if there was never any true interest.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I agree-- not responding is rude, but I wouldn't call it "games" either.
Andrew You are correct "games" may not be the best Choice of words.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
Ok Mark. That's understandable. In my case I'm also open to adopt, financially maintain a poor child in another country, and or remain childless, although I would also like to have children of my own as well. Children are so much fun. I can imagine myself reading to them my books like Tolkien did to his children. He would even pay them a couple of shillings, in order for them to give him a full report on the Hobbit. :0)

More important for me is: is this woman going to love me for me or have me just to have children? I want to feel loved, appreciated, understood, not just feel the obligation to procreate. I don't even know if I can have children. Since I've never "tested" that ,I will only find out if I marry someday.
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Steven-94269 said: And not responding is also a waste of time on some peoples parts all I am asking is for a little common courtesy . Someone sends a message and you see they looked at your profile and still that is all you get just say no thank you. Also if someone just sends a smile what else are they supposed to say Hey I am free Friday night what are you doing. the emotigrams are a way to break the ice.
How is it a waste of time? I find it hard to believe that men are just sitting by the computer waiting for a woman to respond. You send an innocuous gram and expect a response? What response do you want? A smile back? Maybe she doesn't WANT to smile back. If you see she didn't even look at your profile, then that should also be a clue. No one (men or women) should have to feel guilted into a response if they are not feeling it. The online world can leave a lot to the imagination.

What else are they supposed to say? Really? How about a reference to a common interest in their profile? This gives a woman an opportunity to respond with SOMETHING.

I hope your future contacts are with people who feel as you do, but please don't be offended by those who do not.

Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Mark-973089 said: I have sent many of messages out to many women on here who were my age or a little bit younger. What I find even more laughable is how some Catholic women on here who are in their mid to late 20's feel that I am too old for them at 36 and that is a complete joke. Women have dated men older then them since the beginning of time and has went on in all walks of life regardless of what the person's race, creed, beliefs are and all the sudden younger Catholic women mid to late 20's cannot give a Catholic man in their mid 30's a chance?
(Disclaimer: I'm not looking for you to contact me)

Mark...you mentioned you look at women your age, and younger. And you're defensive that women in their 20's (6-7 years younger than you) aren't considering you,.

What about women 6-7 years older than you? If a woman who is 42 were to contact you, would you give her serious consideration?
Posts 11 - 20 of 76