Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 23 new
There's always a reason someone is single. Sometimes it's because he/she is a game player.

hug There ARE normal, nice people here. Hang in there and keep swinging. baseball
Jun 23 new
Wendy here is the thing, I want somebody who is still young enough to have kids. Would I reply to somebody a little bit older then me? Yes I would still talk with them, but I would be very upfront that I want somebody younger then me so I can have a family
Jun 23 new
(quote) Mark-973089 said: Carlos, I want a woman a little bit younger then me, because when I get married I want somebody who is still young enough to have kids, because lets face it women my age or older, they run into more health problems the older they get trying to give birth. The man's age in that case is not as important as long as he is below the age of 50 and in good health.

Roy since you are my age here in this thread, I would be interested to hear your thoughts on what I said
I didn't read this reply before I posted my other reply.

I get wanting to have children, but there is no guarantee, for either the younger woman, or for you, to be fertile. Find a Godly woman, be open to women slightly younger, your age, and slightly older (if you go 5 years younger, be brave and look 5 years older), and then let God decide about children for you and your bride.
Jun 23 new
I don't think you can win at this. The stories I hear, if they respond they get yelled at, and if they don't they get yelled at. I think some people just don't know what to do and end up doing nothing.
Jun 23 new
(quote) Mark-973089 said: Wendy here is the thing, I want somebody who is still young enough to have kids. Would I reply to somebody a little bit older then me? Yes I would still talk with them, but I would be very upfront that I want somebody younger then me so I can have a family
Mark,

We all have criteria that are "make or break" for us. I respect your criteria. May you find what you are seeking.

However, fertility is a complex, and the man's health is also an issue. Young people can also have fertility problems. It is not always tied to age. There are infertile men in their 20s and infertile women in their 20s. There are healthy couples who struggle to conceive. There are also women who give birth well into their forties. Adoption is a beautiful option to have a family for those medically unable to have their own. A husband or a wife, both children of God, deserve to be treated like human beings, and not like sperm donors or a womb for hire. Nothing will scare away the opposite sex more than being treated like a source for genetic material.
Jun 23 new
.... sorry that should read "fertility is complex" and not "a complex". embarassed We could really use a grammar / spell check on here!
Jun 23 new
Angela,

pretty name. I agree. You said it better than me a few commentaries before. The question is, are women also ready to accept a younger man?
Jun 23 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: (Disclaimer: I'm not looking for you to contact me)

Mark...you mentioned you look at women your age, and younger. And you're defensive that women in their 20's (6-7 years younger than you) aren't considering you,.

What about women 6-7 years older than you? If a woman who is 42 were to contact you, would you give her serious consideration?

I was just thinking the same thing.

Jun 23 new
I was able to have children well into my late 40's. Don't be so quick to discount these, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Jun 23 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said: Mark,

We all have criteria that are "make or break" for us. I respect your criteria. .............A husband or a wife, both children of God, deserve to be treated like human beings, and not like sperm donors or a womb for hire. Nothing will scare away the opposite sex more than being treated like a source for genetic material.
I think it's perfectly fine for a man to want to have children by his wife. Conception complications are simply a more common issue with a woman as she ages. And wanting to improve potential odds, IMHO, his best chance is to find a woman who has children, and an annulment or widowed, within the age group. I know that I would have expected that someone grew to love my children equally as his our own. Adoption is wonderful as well! As far as being a source of genetic material, we must acknowledge that in some ways, that is part of attraction. My daughter's stepchildren look as though they could be her own. That their dad was an excellent father, was no doubt a big part of her attraction. ( My ex was not active in her life growing up. She mostly dated men who had kids, and I think she in some way wanted to be sure that her husband would take parenthood as seriously as she did.) Keep a lookout out Mark! The right person will come into your life.
Posts 21 - 30 of 76