Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 24th 2013 new
Thanks Wendy!
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Mark-973089 said: I have sent many of messages out to many women on here who were my age or a little bit younger. What I find even more laughable is how some Catholic women on here who are in their mid to late 20's feel that I am too old for them at 36 and that is a complete joke. Women have dated men older then them since the beginning of time and has went on in all walks of life regardless of what the person's race, creed, beliefs are and all the sudden younger Catholic women mid to late 20's cannot give a Catholic man in their mid 30's a chance?
Honestly It would have bothered me if in my mid 20s I had a guy in his mid 30s contacting me. What about women closer to your age? Everybody has a right to their preferences wether that be age or height or lifestyle. Many times someone in their mid 20s is in a far different place in life than someone around mid 30s.
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: And maybe this will make some people mad too:

There is always a hesitation on what, if anything to respond. Women have responded with "no thank you, not interested" only to be met with a barrage of questions about "why" and a load of defensiveness.

Not responding is not playing games. Responding, stringing you along, and then blowing you off . . . THAT is playing games. We are all different people with different personalities and different ways of handling things. Not responding IS a response, especially if all is sent is an emotigram. This subject has come up many times and there are just as many people who would prefer no response than a rejection of "not interested."

I do not always respond. Just as I may meet someone in a social setting. If you smile at me, I may just smile back and then move on. The moving on is my visual clue that I am not interested in contact, you do not get that visual clue on a website. So it is a crap shoot.

On a side note, I too have made contact with men who have not responded and mine was not just an emotigram, but an actual email with a comment or question I do not take it personally, I move on.
Sending one or two emotes or messages isn't game playing sending 5 or six then disappearing ...now that's game playing.
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-94269 said: Sometimes when you look back you wish you would have never posted something in a forum this is one of those times I am sorry if I offended anyone. I can see I pushed some buttons. I have been on this site now 8 years now so I think I am going to take a break for a while and step back and pray and see what direction God wants me to go.
Steven, I came across harsh and for that I apologize. We are all different people with different ways of looking at things, I could have been more compassionate in getting my point across . . .
Jun 24th 2013 new
Steve,

I think a lot of people don't want to hurt some ones feelings. Some people just don't care. Others are grossed out right away and can't wait to pass this one by. I would have thought that by this age, that people would be more considerate and not play the games, but some never grow up!!! It's really that simple. And some just flat out lie about who they are and try to get an easy ride??? Just remember that soul-mates are rare. We are gifted if we find one, so looking for a second......we are truly Blessed to find a 2nd. Sometimes, we have to just leave it in God's hands. And at what point we do that, I don't know. You can make some nice friends though even if it doesn't go any further romantically and you just don't click that way.

Tina
Jun 24th 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Angela,

pretty name. I agree. You said it better than me a few commentaries before. The question is, are women also ready to accept a younger man?
Thank you Carlos.

I am not sure. I guess it depends on the individual woman. I know there are women who won't date younger men at all, and that is their personal comfort zone that should be respected. For me, it has a lot to do with maturity and same stage of life as adults, so if the man is a few years younger than me, that is not a problem in my view.

If it is more than 10 years, people tend to be in different stages of life and it gets more difficult to relate to each other. If you've entered adulthood in a different era, your outlook tends to be a bit different from that of the other person.
Jun 24th 2013 new
Maybe this online approach does not work for a subset of us.
Jun 24th 2013 new
Steven, You are so right. Undoubtedly, I would venture a guess to say somewhat of a large percentage of individuals on this site lack etiquette skills. Apparently, like you I am most grateful for my upbringing.. but come on people if your parents failed you, reach out for help. Improvement and learning are on-going processes. Every day we can be better in one way or another. Maryjane
Jun 24th 2013 new
No response is a response and it is not playing games. I personally won't respond to a message that only contains an emotigram because it reflects a lack of imagination and an feeble effort at communication. Keep in mind that taking a chance at a dating site is being subjected to rejection.
Jun 25th 2013 new
I never looked at it as being rude, but just not interested. I think you are right that the person does need some type of response. I will try to do better. There are some people on this site playing games. Not sure they really want to find a nice person. I do give them a response and it would be move on you are talking to a Lady and looking for a Gentleman. Linda
Posts 41 - 50 of 76