Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 26th 2013 new
Trish, I agree with your observations. Hang in there. Many of us have been on this site for some years. CM has other wonderful things to offer. Have faith, the best is yet to come. Maryjane
Jun 26th 2013 new
Thanks Maryjane - I enjoy reading your posts!
Jun 26th 2013 new
Steve, I am new here and appreciate this topic. My question is, what is the most polite and sincere response to a message/smiley from someone you are not interested in? I really hate to hurt anyone's feelings, but feel some response is proper. Thank you!
Jun 26th 2013 new
I think it has to be understood that there are still quite a few people on dating sites in general, who believe them to be taboo, like "I won't tell anyone where we met if you don't". Some don't want their exes to see them out of fear. There are also women who receive hundreds of emails/emotigrams, etc a day, so I ask, how can they possibly have the time to answer every mans correspondence?

I have read the OPs opening topic starter and I do feel for you man. I know you have changed your stance further on in the discussion.

It can be extremely frustrating to say the least. I just moved over here from a "Free" online dating site where folks had nothing to lose. I wanted to try out CM, as you have to pay, which tells me there has to be a degree of sincerity here. I hope this is the case.

So far, I am not sure if I made a mistake as I live north of the 49th parallel, but a majority of the women I see are in the United States. Nothing wrong with that, but, I was hoping for a bit of a closer drive to meet the "One"..

I shall keep at it..

Steve, keep your chin up. You live in a country with over 330 million people. Odds have to be pretty darn good that you'll find someone.
Jun 26th 2013 new

www.youtube.com
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Therese-980885 said: Steve, I am new here and appreciate this topic. My question is, what is the most polite and sincere response to a message/smiley from someone you are not interested in? I really hate to hurt anyone's feelings, but feel some response is proper. Thank you!

Therese I guess honesty is the best policy I have been told that they feel that we have nothing in common. I know that people don't like being told no but I would rather be told up front then to wonder why or keep sending smiles or saying hi for days.

Posts 71 - 76 of 76