Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 8th 2013 new
I find it interesting that I just today commented on the Paula Deen fiasco in reference to another issue. I wonder why the liberal media, which has refused to print a picture of a 20 week old fetal baby, held in the palm of a hand, as too controversial, has decided to crucify this poor woman, in the name of political correctness, for a remark she made over 30 years ago. Let's get over it, people. I for one am tired of the media telling me who and what to like, who to hate, who to not tolerate in the name of tolerance (Chick- Fil- A anyone?) Meanwhile there is no mention of the current coup in Egypt and no one seems to care about the 4 americans killed in Benghazi. If the liberal media had given either of those stories half the interest they have given to Paula Deen, the world might look a lot different today. Instead, we have a media which fawns over the white house and actively censors the news we are getting. Paula Deen, God love her, is an unwitting pawn in the game the media is playing. They keep us distracted with this kind of trivia while Rome (or Washington) is burning.
Sorry. I'm really not paranoid. But this subject matter has touched a sore point with me.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Loretta-867522 said: I find it interesting that I just today commented on the Paula Deen fiasco in reference to another issue. I wonder why the liberal media, which has refused to print a picture of a 20 week old fetal baby, held in the palm of a hand, as too controversial, has decided to crucify this poor woman, in the name of political correctness, for a remark she made over 30 years ago. Let's get over it, people. I for one am tired of the media telling me who and what to like, who to hate, who to not tolerate in the name of tolerance (Chick- Fil- A anyone?) Meanwhile there is no mention of the current coup in Egypt and no one seems to care about the 4 americans killed in Benghazi. If the liberal media had given either of those stories half the interest they have given to Paula Deen, the world might look a lot different today. Instead, we have a media which fawns over the white house and actively censors the news we are getting. Paula Deen, God love her, is an unwitting pawn in the game the media is playing. They keep us distracted with this kind of trivia while Rome (or Washington) is burning.
Sorry. I'm really not paranoid. But this subject matter has touched a sore point with me.
clap Bow clap Wolf Whistle
Aug 11th 2013 new

It's all about the press. Report the news and let it go. Paula Dean's comment all those years ago is not something that needs a week or two worth of press. The press is there to make money, sell papers, get ratings.

Really Kate I think Paula got chopped by the Network to make room for someone younger, after seeing Paula in some close-up picks she has so many lines on her face and the make-up can't hide it. It appears they found someone to replace the Old Southern Belle.

Damaris Phillips - age 32, a self-described Southern spitfire, who was introduced to the kitchen at a young age and grew up cooking for her family one night a week. She's now a culinary school instructor, equally known for her trademark wit and her classic Southern cuisine. she is the winner of the Network Star competition. I had a gut instinct they had picked from the start just looking at her

Read more at: www.foodnetwork.com

Aug 12th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:
It's all about the press. Report the news and let it go. Paula Dean's comment all those years ago is not something that needs a week or two worth of press. The press is there to make money, sell papers, get ratings.

Really Kate I think Paula got chopped by the Network to make room for someone younger, after seeing Paula in some close-up picks she has so many lines on her face and the make-up can't hide it. It appears they found someone to replace the Old Southern Belle.

Damaris Phillips - age 32, a self-described Southern spitfire, who was introduced to the kitchen at a young age and grew up cooking for her family one night a week. She's now a culinary school instructor, equally known for her trademark wit and her classic Southern cuisine. she is the winner of the Network Star competition. I had a gut instinct they had picked from the start just looking at her

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/damaris-phillips/index.html?oc=linkback
But didn't Paula's sons contribute to the show also? They would have been
younger.

Your theory can explain the fact that if Paula Dean had a contract that the
network could not break unless something within the contract was violated,
then they set her up with the phony 30-year-old use of those words, which
may have broken something in the original contract. Who knows, it
could have been that if Paula caused any bad publicity for the show, the
network could be released from the contract.

Then they could bring in a younger person to replace her without being
financially liable for breaking the contract.

That is a thought, Elizabeth.
Posts 51 - 54 of 54