Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 26th 2013 new
"People will always be lonely when the cerebral is in charge." Nope.
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: Way,,,way,,,too much analyzing...Death will come before all the """""""'what ifs"""""" are answered... Think with your HEART,,not with your MIND....People will always be lonely when the cerebral is in charge,,,OBVIOUSLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kenny, I beg to disagree with you on this one. I'm not saying that the cerebral should be totally in charge, but it has to come into play somewhere along the line in discerning a relationship.

I've told this tale before, but perhaps it bears repeating. While waiting for the man who was to become my husband to pick me up for our 3rd date, I listed the pros & cons I could see at that moment on a piece of paper. Then I crumpled it up & threw it in the waste basket. I really believed it was love at first sight & those "cons" didn't matter (after only 3 dates, people!!!). Although our marriage lasted 25 years I ofttimes wondered if I should have paid more attention to what my analytic mind had indicated that evening.

Yes, let the heart lead, but your heart may not detect the red flags. That's just MHO!
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: "People will always be lonely when the cerebral is in charge." Nope.
Lina, I agree with you. Isn't it lonelier to be in a difficult relationship than to be without a relationship?

I campaign for balance--heart + mind.
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said:

Yes, let the heart lead, but your heart may not detect the red flags. That's just MHO!
How about let the head lead and the heart push???
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said: Lina, I agree with you. Isn't it lonelier to be in a difficult relationship than to be without a relationship?

I campaign for balance--heart + mind.
biggrin Yep. wink
Jun 27th 2013 new
When a guy comes on really strong really fast it can make some women suspicious or cautious. Some woman have the experience of guys being all attentive and then disappearing when things get serious. I'm not saying you have or would do that but many women have had this experience with guys. Women tend to fall in love slower or become attracted slower than men. I'm just guessing here that might be what's scaring some of these ladies off. Try starting off with friendship first or maybe courtship and then as you feel more comfortable progress from there.
Jun 27th 2013 new
I agree with Lina, too.

If you keep your brain turned on, you don't end up with someone "wrong" for you.
Jun 27th 2013 new
I get scared. I can be quite flirty with someone I like, but it does not mean I am a slutty girl Linda. I want affection, but not at the speed of light.
Jun 27th 2013 new
Carol, you are so right. I have been alone for 5 years, and much less lonely than I was for many years in my marriage.
Posts 11 - 19 of 19