Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Veronica-56352 said: Congrats! All God's blessings to you both. May HE fill you with love, health and happiness, always! Veronica
Thank you for your prayers and blessings, Veronica! Tom and I both greatly appreciate them. ((Hugs))
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: Congratualtions.
Thank you so much, Marita!! ((Hugs))
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Elaine-525333 said: Congrats & Best wishes to you and Tom
Elaine, thank you for your well wishes! They mean a lot to Tom and me. ((Hugs))
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Colette-443908 said: Mary, thank you so much for your warm sentiment, and your blessings. After getting involved in a few "follow your heart and jump right in" relationships here on CM, I learned that friends first was the best way to go. And taking our time was well worth it..... Tom and I have such a strong foundation for the love we share, and what we will both face in our lives as a married couple.
And that camping photo you mentioned..... brings back such hilarious memories of a really crazy October weekend in PA! First of all, my car got a flat tire in the airport parking garage when I went to pick up Tom and another CM friend of ours from the airport. When the tow truck came, there wasn't enough room for all of us to fit in the cab of the truck, so I had to sit on Tom's lap..... I think we were both blushing the entire drive to the garage. Then we were stuck for a few hours waiting for the car to be fixed..... which by the way needed 4 brand new tires. We had to meet another CM friend for dinner then...... which made us even later for our camping trip (we were supposed to arrive in broad daylight..... which unfortunately, didn't happen ) We got to our campsite around 11 PM, and set up camp. The next morning, there was snow everywhere!! God must have been laughing his head off!! That was one crazy camping trip Tom and I will never forget!! We were stranded there at the campsite all weekend because the tree branches were so heavy with snow they blocked the trails going out of the area. We had to wait until the snow started melting to leave!!

Mary, Tom and I wish you all the best, and we pray that God will lead you to your special someone. Thank you so much for your prayers. Tom and I will include you in ours as well on our special day.

I seem to recall that "crazy" camping weekend!! I'm glad I wasn't planning on camping, though!! laughing Although, that snow did seem to play havoc with Halloween plans for some of us!! eyebrow rolling eyes wide eyed

Since I'm pretty sure I got to see the "first kiss" between you and Tom, I'm really looking forward to seeing your "first kiss" as husband and wife!! And it will be GREAT to be able to congratulate both of you in person on Saturday. See you then!! hug wave

CONGRATULATIONS!!! biggrin biggrin
Jun 27th 2013 new
(quote) Clara-410815 said: I seem to recall that "crazy" camping weekend!! I'm glad I wasn't planning on camping, though!! Although, that snow did seem to play havoc with Halloween plans for some of us!!

Since I'm pretty sure I got to see the "first kiss" between you and Tom, I'm really looking forward to seeing your "first kiss" as husband and wife!! And it will be GREAT to be able to congratulate both of you in person on Saturday. See you then!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Yep...... at least you were inside a warm house that weekend, Clara! laughing And you may be right about seeing the "first kiss". I believe that was at the airport. smile We're so glad you'll be able to share our special day with us on Saturday. It will be great to see you and some of our other CM friends there. Praying that all who are traveling have a safe journey. Praying hug

Jun 28th 2013 new
I always thought you guy made a great couple even before you were officially dating. Congrats.
Jun 28th 2013 new
Fantastic! :)
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Colette-443908 said: No, you're not seeing double. Moderator Dave asked me to also post this in St. Peter's Square. The original I posted is in the Married and Engaged forum.

Hi Everyone (and goodbye)!

This Saturday, Tom-59334 and I will be continuing our journey, hand in hand, to the altar on the trail that God has blazed before us. We ask you for your prayers, that God will continue to bless us as we start our married lives together.

Tom and I met here on CM years ago, and became great friends (Yes, the friend zone worked for us ). In time, our wonderful friendship blossomed into the loving relationship Tom and I now share. We've truly enjoyed the time we have spent here on CM, and we are so thankful for the many friendships God has graced us with over the years.

Looking back over the years, we can't help but grin and chuckle remembering those fun nights we spent in the Pub here on CM, the crazy Monday night CM parties, and all of those hilarious flirt threads .... not to mention the CM events that Tom and I have attended over the years (separately and together as a couple). Reminiscing about those events always bring us heartwarming memories of great fun and fellowship.

Tom and I would like to thank CM for providing the resource God used to facilitate our finding each other. We will eventually send our story and wedding pictures to "Member Stories" on this site. CM really does work..... with faith, God's grace, and a lot of patience. We wish all of you the best, and we pray that God will bless all of you in finding the love of your life. It may happen when you are least expecting it...... but it will only happen in His time.

Lots of love to you all,
Colette and Tom
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH! I know both of you and I KNOW GOD is putting you both together! HUGS to you both and many prayers and May all of the joy and happiness you have both prayed for be yours Amen! knight-errant princess clap hyper party clap Happy Birthday!
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I always thought you guy made a great couple even before you were officially dating. Congrats.
..... and I remember you telling us that, along with some of the other attendees at CM RMA who thought we were dating. laughing Aww..... Thank you, Ann. hug See you tomorrow morning.

And yes, I'm still awake..... can't sleep the night before the wedding. Thought a dose of CM could make me drowsy. laughing
Jun 29th 2013 new
(quote) Megan-982424 said: Fantastic! :)
Thank you, Megan! hug
Posts 51 - 60 of 71