Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Katie-822269 said: I wouldn't discount a man because he didn't know where his towel was... though it might take some effort to get over that obvious flaw....
A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. One should always know where his towel is, especially if one needs to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Buglatter Beast of Traal... or if you just need to dry off after a shower.
Jul 8th 2013 new
Or have serious pictures on their profiles?!?
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Maybe discounting someone for having a serious profile picture? ;)
Carlos,
Are you saying you don't really resemble a small blue circle atop a small blue trapezoid?
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: I wouldn't discount someone just because they do handstands, climb trees, play chess, enjoy watching cartoons with kids...occasionaly... lick the pan..,and prefer gardening to housework.
Or for having serious pictures on their profiles?!?
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Keith-585743 said: Carlos,
Are you saying you don't really resemble a small blue circle atop a small blue trapezoid?
I would rather say an orange Pyramid on top of a yellow Square surrounded by purple triangles and black octagons.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Keith-585743 said: Such a man would be one "hoopy frood", indeed. But really, all this space-man mumbo-jumbo is making this ape-man tired. I think perhaps I shall head off to Sqornshellous Zeta, find myself a friendly mattress, and have a nap... or perhaps I just need another bath and a proper cup of tea before The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul sets in...

I wouldn't discount a lady just because...
she had never heard of a kniggit
she believes that two swallows could carry a coconut
she already owns a Grail
she hasn't the slightest clue what any/most of my last few posts mean.

I should really get back to my sock puppets... i'm training them to race against little old ladies. The state won't issue them driver's licenses, so I'm training them to race horses. I think I'll name their horse "Last Chance to See", or maybe, "The Salmon of Doubt"

I wouldn't discount a lady just because...
she's somehow sillier than me...
As a strag who only dreams of putting her towel to good use, I tend to get my Zems at Sleepy's. They are imported from Sqornshellous Zeta, but only the numbered kind.

I wouldn't discount a man (maybe just 10%) because
  • he couldn't pronounce 'cuh-nig-it'
  • doesn't know that if two swallows used a standard creeper held under the dorsal guiding feathers...they COULD carry a coconut
  • won't go in the cart even when I have the nine pence
  • had an accident with an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber gloves

I think you'd best see what the puppets are up to. They aren't horsemen and this is why they are on the brink of extinction. Now you'll excuse me as I have a friend coming over and Bowerick (that's his name) likes to go on and on about life, the universe and everything!

And Another Thing...I wouldn't discount a gentleman just because...
he confused the Rodrigues fruit bat with Alex Rodriguez
Jul 8th 2013 new
He was a different race than me.
He has an opposing political view.
He was older/younger than I had imagined.
He wasn't able to marry in the church (so long as eventually he worked to change that)
He didn't go to the gym everyday
He goes to the gym everyday.
He wasn't a Green Bay Packers fan.
He liked Captain Kirk better than Captain Picard.
He didn't like spicy foods (I learn not to add red pepper to everything :))
He preferred city living.
He looked at my profile, but didn't take my quiz.
Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Leyden-904885 said: As a strag who only dreams of putting her towel to good use, I tend to get my Zems at Sleepy's. They are imported from Sqornshellous Zeta, but only the numbered kind.

I wouldn't discount a man (maybe just 10%) because
he couldn't pronounce 'cuh-nig-it'doesn't know that if two swallows used a standard creeper held under the dorsal guiding feathers...they COULD carry a coconutwon't go in the cart even when I have the nine pencehad an accident with an irrational particle accelerator, a liquid lunch and a pair of rubber gloves
I think you'd best see what the puppets are up to. They aren't horsemen and this is why they are on the brink of extinction. Now you'll excuse me as I have a friend coming over and Bowerick (that's his name) likes to go on and on about life, the universe and everything!

And Another Thing...I wouldn't discount a gentleman just because...
he confused the Rodrigues fruit bat with Alex Rodriguez
You should really check out Sqornshellous Zeta... The live Zems are so much more entertaining than the imported dead ones. Ok, maybe they're really not terribly entertaining, with all their folloping and vollueing, and occasional globbering. Hmmmm, they're actually really quite dull, now that I think about it. They did have this beautiful bridge there once... but it collapsed almost immediately upon completion. Plus, I hear there's this terminally depressed robot there that can really be a buzzkill on your mood. You're probably right to skip the visit and purchase retail. Staying on Earth Mk II is probably your best bet. I hear it's Mostly Harmless.

I think I'll just hop on the Starship Titanic and pop off to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe for a nice steak and a Pina Colada... or maybe two. I gotta have one for each hand.

As for the fruit bat, I named him Eric. All my pets are called Eric.

And Now for Something Completely Different: I wouldn't discount a lady just because:
...her brother thinks she's delusional.
...she seemed to be looking at something other than what she looked as if she was looking at.
...her feet don't touch the ground.
Jul 10th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
They eat peanut butter straight out of the jar with their bare fingers....

No,, on second thought,,,,,That WOULD make me discount them,,sorry !!
Wait Kenny, what am i supposed to use to treat the Chinese Crested who's allergic to everything else when she's gone out to potty and not eaten poo while she was out? i thought a finger-full of peanut-butter was the trick?

doblelol.com

OK, OK, i do have a separate jar for her in the kitchen, just kidding!

P.S. The pic similar to my foster-dog was taken from a dog tattoo site, not a human tattoo site.
Jul 10th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: You mean never having seen Hitchhiker's Guide the the Galaxy (original episodes) counts against me? There's no hope for me in this world. Where's the monastery?
You don't mean they'd discount us for having read "The Hitchhiker[s Guide to the Galaxy" instead of reading it? What if we read faster than they watch movies so can keep up with this habit? Does that mean we have to have seen every episode of every Dr. Who ever created as well? How about if we have and not only are the garbage cans at our church positively Dalaks but the weeping angels themselves are in our very own church as well, does that count for anything?
Posts 111 - 120 of 121