Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

ftbol, Football, soccer

Jun 26th 2013 new
is it wrong that I'm a devoted Catholic and also a member of my local pro soccer team's supporter group? one of my friend told me that I should pick one or the other. which I found odd, but thought I would ask people that know. by the way any L.A. Galaxy fans here? or MLS fans for that matter
Jun 27th 2013 new
Mario,

I don't know why you have to choose between the two. Maybe pray for the member who asked you this. As long as the soccer group is moral and not doing anything against Catholic teaching, it should be fine I would think. I would also suggest you talk to your priest in a private conversation about this situation.

However, if for some reason, the group came to you and said, "be a member of us or the Church", I hope you would choose the Church.

No MLS for me really, Premier League and UEFA.

Jun 27th 2013 new
Hello Randall,
thank you for your input. There is no doubt in my mind, that I would choose The Church over soccer anyday... I actually stopped playing soccer, because it interfered with my Ushering.
so who is your fav. team? I'm a Chelsea and Real Madrid fan
Jun 27th 2013 new
Favorite is Man United. This year, I really liked Borussia Dortmund.
Aug 27th 2013 new
I know I'm reviving an ancient thread but I just had to say, "Woohoo, Manchester United!"
You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star! You get a Gold Star!
Aug 28th 2013 new
I have a soft spot for Arsenal. lovestruck! You get a Gold Star!
Glad to see that they are advancing.

Nov 27th 2013 new
thread necro! liverpool supporter here :)
Nov 30th 2013 new
The MLS should get better and better with David Beckham setting up a new franchise in Miami. Plenty of Latin American interest in southern florida.

Arsenal are looking really good this season in the English Premiership.
Posts 1 - 8 of 8