Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: LOL! Johnny, I love it that I can always count on you to "go there"!
hahaha! Thank you? hahaha!
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Steve-111719 said: OK, everyone, let's take a deep breath and step back a little.

I think that there is plenty of room at CM (and beyond) for people of both camps on this issue. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with somebody who hasn't been married. Others may believe there is. That's fine. Live and let live. There are enough people who believe one way and enough who believe the other.

Let's just agree to disagree on this and move on.

God Bless,
Steve

Steve,

No one deserves to hear that there is something wrong with people like themselves because of.....x,y, and z.

That's AWEFUL to say or imply, especially so blatantly and shamelessly.
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: You know, I've often wondered if I missed out on the one God intended for me when I was attached to the wrong person. But I also know that "all things work for the good who love God and are called according to His purpose." I know that He can take our wrong turns and re-direct to us other people.

Life is wonderful with or without a spouse, I intend to continue living it to the fullest.

Yes, all things work out according to Gods plan. Thanks.

Jun 28th 2013 new
I think having been previously married and especially having kids does.
Jun 29th 2013 new
wave Hello everyone!
I came back to check in on you all, haha, oh, and the fact CM gave me a heck of a deal;)

I've been on here for quite awhile and everyone has great opinions on one side to the next. I just feel dating in general is tough when you hit your late thirties or forties. I don't think people are as forgiving as God! It is tough dating in general, not because of status. Everyone has this big house with the white picket fence in mind and that is not the real world as you all know unless your Donald Trump or Bill Gates.

For example: Never marrieds are set in their own way or do not have children in their 40s and are looking for the young lady who can have children 10-20 years younger. Or worse, they do have some sort of mental issue and most definitely commitment issues. I have dated a couple never marrieds, and it is not stereotyping all nonmarrieds, just what I experienced.

Now the divorced, here is where now being older and trying to lead a life closer to God and to do my penance here on earth for happy Eternity and peace with God, I tend to skip by as they are obviously not Free to marry and what's the point to even have a cup of coffee.

Annulled I have no problems with as obviously the marriage was seen as not valid in the Eyes of God. Widowed, no problem there. It just makes it tough because we all are busier with kids, etc., and people think we are still grieving or something and give us pity. Well, time does heal and people live and die everyday, but let's get living among the living!

So, I have been divorced years ago and yes that is a stereotype, windowed years ago and that is a stereotype, being single for years now and that is a stereotype everywhere I go. I have kids and being a single mom, that is a stereotype and not a good one I can tell you. If I have one good teenager and one defiant, it must be because she is a single mom not because of what's going on around her at school or with bad peers or choices.

I could go on and on about stereotypes that being older does make dating or getting to know people difficult. Not the right job, changing careers, living in a house/apartment, etc. The list could go on and on and on.

So, to everyone, Keep the Faith! It's calming and don't worry so darn much about status's. The only one I skip by are divorced and that limits my odds quite a bit as Catholics here even mentioned that that seems to be socially
accepted more than never married:( Well, not in my book! I would date a never married!

So, good luck to all and get over status's:)
Keep the Faith as I tell my kids that everyday! There is only one reason why we are here on earth, is to get to Heaven:)
God Bless!

Jun 29th 2013 new
Well said Cathy and happy birthday?!
Jun 29th 2013 new
biggrin Thank you Anne
Jun 29th 2013 new
I think it definitely counts against those over 40; it is probably seen as a sign that something is wrong. "If he were any good, someone would have grabbed him by now." "She's too picky." This isn't necessarily as it should be, but it is an observation.
Jun 29th 2013 new
and there are people who have not re ally gone anywhere to meet anyone or have not mixed in the right circles to meet people and therefore have remained single
Jun 29th 2013 new
I have met some women on this site, who have been divorced and/ or have an annullment, and in many cases it actually was easier to talk to them, because they were more tolerant, loving and mature. I think having the responsibility of a family and going through hell with a separation, changes people, some for the better some for the worst. I've also met women here who have never been married and are also mature and nice. In the case of my parents, who have been thank God happily married for over 32 years, my mom had her doubts towards my dad because he was almost 40 and was divorced. He had two children, and so my mom said: "Oh no this guy is a mess." God, however had other plans, at least that's how I see it. They courted for a couple of months, and then got married a year later.

Whenever my dad comes home with a bunch of roses, and I ask him; "hey dad what's the occasion.", he replies with his smooth charming way: "It's for your mom, my queen."

My parents' example is very inspiring to me because it shows, that we make a lot of excuses not to like someone, but in the end it is up to God. My grandma used to say(she's almost 100 by the way), that in heaven there's a list, and in that list there are the people meant to be married. I sometimes get sad, though that I might not be on that list. Now I ask myself, has St. Peter run out of ink, in order to print more couples into the list? Maybe we should organize a rally to raise funds in order to buy him a toner, because I only see blank pages. Let's help St. Peter then :0)

Posts 61 - 70 of 167