Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Jun 30th 2013 new
Praying rosary theheart rose
Jun 30th 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying
Jun 30th 2013 new
Laura - My heart goes out to the family and I know exactly what they are going through. My oldest son died in 1989 by his own hand. Tomorrow is his birthday. Suicide is devastating for all the family and the holes in their hearts will never fill in. If they would like to contact me directly I am willing to give my e-mail or phone number.

Presumably her church has already been involved. I cannot fathom the suffering of people who have no faith at a time like this.

If your friend has children or pets you can help most by taking care of them. They need meals and clean clothes and a little bit of normalcy. Dogs need walking, litter boxes need cleaning and small caged pets need care too. She will have funeral, legal, maybe medical details to handle but you can do the routine daily chores. Make sure she has food and maybe someone needs to be picked up at the airport or phone calls made. Appointments might need to be cancelled or rescheduled.

What helped me the most were the people who expressed their sympathy, gave me an opening for talking about it if I wanted to and then behaved in a more normal way. Just sitting quietly beside someone is a comfort; words aren't always helpful. I didn't cry for weeks; the shock was so great that I was beyond tears. Everyone is different. Let her take the lead.

I will be praying for her and her son. If I can help her, I will do what I can. This will take a long time. God bless.

Jun 30th 2013 new
Prayers for the whole family..
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Laura - My heart goes out to the family and I know exactly what they are going through. My oldest son died in 1989 by his own hand. Tomorrow is his birthday. Suicide is devastating for all the family and the holes in their hearts will never fill in. If they would like to contact me directly I am willing to give my e-mail or phone number.

Presumably her church has already been involved. I cannot fathom the suffering of people who have no faith at a time like this.

If your friend has children or pets you can help most by taking care of them. They need meals and clean clothes and a little bit of normalcy. Dogs need walking, litter boxes need cleaning and small caged pets need care too. She will have funeral, legal, maybe medical details to handle but you can do the routine daily chores. Make sure she has food and maybe someone needs to be picked up at the airport or phone calls made. Appointments might need to be cancelled or rescheduled.

What helped me the most were the people who expressed their sympathy, gave me an opening for talking about it if I wanted to and then behaved in a more normal way. Just sitting quietly beside someone is a comfort; words aren't always helpful. I didn't cry for weeks; the shock was so great that I was beyond tears. Everyone is different. Let her take the lead.

I will be praying for her and her son. If I can help her, I will do what I can. This will take a long time. God bless.

Karen:
I cant imagine what you went through --but you seem to be very strong--proved by your reaching out to someone who has experienced something so similar.
God Bless you and much peace and joy.
Jun 30th 2013 new
May his soul rest in peace and may God be with your friend and her family bringing his peace that passes all understanding.

God bless Praying Praying Praying
Jul 1st 2013 new
My condolence in your bereavement especially on your son's birthdate. I try to do a good deed on that day in memory of my (step) son .I once read "if you want to honor someone ...do something honorable." The Blessed Mother knew this pain to the core. May bereaved parents have faith in Jesus the first fruit of the resurrection,
Jul 1st 2013 new
Praying Praying Praying Praying
Jul 6th 2013 new
Praying Praying hug hug
Jul 6th 2013 new
Praying theheart Praying
Posts 21 - 30 of 31