Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 19th 2013 new
Anne is listening to the pouring rain hoping sport will be cancelled,instead of a wet miserable game.
She is wondering what work Margo does?Anne is sympathetic towards Rachel, understanding the frustrations of home maintenance,her hot water is very slow at the moment..
Anne calls Dinner/Supper ..Tea,just to confuse things further(dinner is lunch..)
Camping in any weather sounds good to Anne,when in good company such as a baby girl.
Reading a good book is in store if the rain wont ease up smile
Jul 19th 2013 new
Anne prays that Robs' Mums elbow heals quickly,and understands how a parents accident shakes you up.
Her father loves chainsawing wood and using the sawbench(tractor driven) at 84 and Anne sends up many prayers..
Anne is glad Rob has sisters to catch up with,and wishes him a nice time.
Jul 19th 2013 new
Rachel is thinking she needs to work on her Tom Sawyer skills. She smiled her happiest smile and tried to look like she was really enjoying herself, but no one stopped ask to take over trimming her hedges for her! The people in the cars that drove by often waved or honked hello, but the only ones who stopped were friends who just couldn't be tricked into paying me a nickel or a kite or even a dead rat and string to swing it with for the privilege of helping me! Maybe if I had a fence to paint...
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: Yay, Jane! Welcome to the Status Thread! Happy Monday to you.
Thanks Margo from Fargo! hug rose
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Keith-585743 said: It looks like everyone's weekends are going well. I see mentions of successful travels, travel plans, concert plans, family cookouts, and the continuing mentions of fried chicken. Sounds like all has gone well in CM land over the weekend. I would also like to welcome Jane to the status thread!

Keith had a lovely weekend. He spent Friday evening with a friend, enjoying a couple nice beers and a few games of Carcassonne (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcassonne_%28board_game%29). Saturday was a "jungle gym/swingset moving party" for a friend, followed by a wine tasting, where Keith was serving the wine, not drinking it (though he did sneek in a couple samples of his product, just for quality assurance). Sunday was Mass, followed by a leisurely motorcycle ride, and finally some laptop repair for another friend. It seems Keith just cannot sit still lately - the weather has been far too nice! Tonight - Margarita Monday with friends. Yay! Keith hopes that everyone's week is off to a GREAT start!

And thanks to Keith also! hug rose
Jul 19th 2013 new
Just relaxing after a lonnnnnng week at work. Working two positions at my day job until they find me a partner in crime...he he he...thinking about my mom who's birthday would have been today. And it happens to be my best friend's birthday today and tomorrow going to surprise her with a new bicycle! he he he, can't wait to see her face!
Tomorrow, I work in the AM, then mow the lawn, do laundry and then it's "ladies' night" woo hoo ~ we are either going to sit under the stars by the fire or who knows whatever the consensus is. Then Sunday, mass of course and then a couple of other errands and Uncle Don's birthday!!! The upcoming week should be a little lighter at work ha ha ha, then some quiet reflection of life past and what's ahead... hug heart rose
Jul 19th 2013 new
Anne, Margo is a licensed marriage and family therapist and also a landlord. As a therapist, M specializes in working with young children and also doing marriage counseling.

Michael, cool it was Monsignor Oscar Romero. Margo wants to make a joke abt Oscar being the saintly one in the family and Cesar being the family clown, but she is afraid that people won't get her "family roles" sense of humor. faint

Rob, what sort of annual training are you involved in? M suspect you are in the National Guard or the Reserves.
wave
Jul 20th 2013 new
Keith is enjoying a celebratory beer after finishing some automotive work. Nothing terribly exciting this time, just lube, oil, and filter, but it keeps the old girl running smooth, and that keeps money in my pocket! The real work will be in a week or so when Keith believes he will most likely be replacing a wheel hub on the truck and brakes + oil change on the bike. I guess it's vehicle maintenance month in this man's garage...
Jul 20th 2013 new
Rachel is enjoying the smell of bread baking while waiting for her two loaves of whole wheat - oatmeal bread to come out of the oven. She is enjoying watching her two youngest children make designs out of plastic beads which they are arranging in muffin tins and she will bake after the bread comes out -- they are making the molten beads into beautiful sun catchers! Soon she will go out to the garden, once the storm passes, to harvest rhubarb for a few pies to bring to her Franciscan gathering tomorrow. She also will probable make an ice cream cake and a cheese cake or two since she is charge of desserts for the larger than normal group coming for elections. Rachel needs to do a little shopping for baking needs after making lunch. Rachel wishes she were as good at fixing and maintaining vehicles as Keith -- also that she could enjoy a ride on the back of someone's bike today!
Rachel wishes you all a happy weekend and wants you to know how much she enjoys reading about everyone's doings -- you are in her prayers!
Jul 20th 2013 new
Baking bread and changing oil, maintaining vehicles -- this is the fabric of every-day life, and that is beautiful. Margo went to the farmers' market and the food co-op today, and finally the library, where she tries to go every Saturday but it has been a really busy summer so she hasn't gone there much. Margo loves science fiction and is reading the third book in Ursula LeGuin's Hainish series. LeGuin's parent was an antropologist ? ethonographer? something like that, so she writes in a way that is very fluid imaginative elegant and also follows intricate patterns.

The humid Wisconsin weather has eased a bit. It was still hot in the gym where we had Mass tonight, because our church is undergoing an asbestos-removal project. Father kept the Mass short but also sacred.
Posts 121 - 130 of 200