Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 28th 2013 new
christie thinks it sounds like a perfect time for a mini-vacation herself. She's thinking she'll go rent a cabin near the ocean or maybe she'll camp. She would take the dogs and let a few friends and some family know so that if they want to join her, they can.

christie also has an estranged sibling and looks forward to the day when there can be a nice visit.

BTW, Anne, my two dogs are lizzie and bella. Good little herders that herd me know instead of horses. They keep me in line. :) pembroke corgis. One is tricolor and the other fawn and white with beautiful black eyeliner.
Jul 28th 2013 new
Dennis got a phone call from a friend , that cut a tree down... Dennis's friend has no use for firewood and does not care for fires... Dennis's friend also remembered that Dennis likes fires and has a truck that will haul firewood... Boy Dennis's friend sure is lucky to have a friend who has a fire pit and a truck.... hehe...
Jul 28th 2013 new
M is not having a good day; somebody has hacked into his cell phone account, changed the billing information to NYC, added five new phone numbers to it, and the carrier is telling me that there is nothing they can do about it today as their fraud department is closed on Sunday rolling eyes
Jul 28th 2013 new
Michael, Margo is sorry to hear about the hacking. To heck -- er -- with the hacking! scratchchin Margo also learned of a situation where an acquaintance had her checking account drained because someone got her debit card info. Then I heard of 3 other cases that involved security breaches at a meeting today.
Jul 28th 2013 new
Zoom went to the movie theater yesterday, hoping to perhaps catch a double feature of The Wolverine and Monsters University. However, Zoom got the 2D and 3D showtimes of Wolverine mixed up, and only realized once he was in the theater that Wolverine 2D (which he bought the ticket for) started a half hour later than he thought! Well, at least it wasn't a half hour earlier, that would have been a disaster. The Wolverine did not let out in time for Zoom to catch Monsters U. as his "second feature"; again, fortunately he had not bought a ticket for it. It now appears that Zoom will be waiting for Monsters to hit Blu-ray.

Zoom enjoyed The Wolverine and would recommend it to fellow fans of the X-Men series. Be sure to stay for the scene after the main cast/crew credits at the end of the movie.
Jul 28th 2013 new
Edward, Anne and youngest son are looking forward to watching "Wolverine".Anne's said son enjoyed "Jack the Giant Slayer",but is slightly frustrated with a mother that suddenly prefers to look at a laptop instead of a decent film!Anne is gearing up to teach child no.2 to drive soon (are daughters worse at beginner driving or sons? scratchchin)
Jul 29th 2013 new
Leyden had an amazing weekend with friends in Vermont. She went to say "Godspeed" to a friend who is entering religious life. Leyden got to make a mini-pilgrimage to a retreat house where she got to see a life-sized replica of Our Lady's house at Ephesus: www.ourladyofephesushouseofprayer.org

She is now back at the grind, looking at a very busy week. Perhaps Leyden will have to make time to see The Wolverine......
Jul 30th 2013 new
Christie, Sam has been threatening to take a solo vacation or go on a retreat for years. This might be the year!

Sam and the kids have returned from the great beyond! We camped, kayaked, swam, fished, rode our bikes and had ourselves a good old time. Two brothers and their families and two sisters and their families came over the course of 5 days, so at one point Sam made pancakes and bacon for 20! The trip was the perfect end to summer- Sam goes back to school Aug. 7. weeping I love my students, but this working for a living thing is overrated.
Jul 30th 2013 new
Allen had an unpleasant experience on Sunday. Sat in traffic for 3 hours due to flash flood closing I-76 near Camden, NJ. Found out later that close to 10 inches of rain fell in Philly Metro area. That's a lot of rain. eyepopping
Jul 30th 2013 new
On an up note, Allen will be seeing a HS Production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.in Clayton, NC this Saturday. His daughter and her family saw it this last weekend and she reports it is very well done. biggrin
Posts 161 - 170 of 200