Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 30th 2013 new
Rachel is going to sneak in a 30 minute power nap before heading out to swim her daily mile. She got up at 4:45 this morning to bake cinnamon rolls for all the volunteers for this week's Vacation Bible School -- she made 4 dozen and they all vanished!
VBS goes from 9 to noon but of course we need to show up just after 8am and don't leave until all the kids are picked up -- usually 12:30.
Rachel and her daughter Susy are in charge of fourteen 3 and 4 year olds -- we have another mom and a teen boy to help too and we are all kept busy!
Anne -- Rachel thinks it doesn't matter if the teen being taught how to drive is male or female -- it just depends on the kid! My 2 sons were very different -- one very natural at driving, one decidedly NOT! My oldest daughter was more in the middle, and my now 17yo -- well I haven't let her do more than start the vehicle yet since she is so unfocused!
Allen -- I love seeing "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"! Last time I saw it, my favorite priest played Joseph!
Zoom -- I'm planning on taking my daughters out for a movie soon -- thanks for the reminder to get the times right! Hopefully if I mess up, I'll get us there early too!
Jul 31st 2013 new
Anne thinks Rachel is actually Superwoman in disguise eyepopping ..She also thanks her for advice on children and driving-exciting times.
Anne's mechanic killed the belt squeak but in exchange gave her new brake pads and a new kind of squeak to go with them!She needs new shockers ASAP....ah,cars..
Jul 31st 2013 new
Leyden is meditating on humility as the key to heaven. She's having an awkward day:

1) Laundry day. So Leyden is wearing a highly unsuitable outfit consisting of leggings and a very loud shirt that makes her laugh. But with her boss being away, and no clients onsite she felt comfortable wearing. Unfortunately she has just been asked to review contracts with the company's Controller. A high-level meeting. Awkward. embarassed

2) Lunch time: Leyden stopped by the very serious HR Manager's office to welcome her back from holiday and then finished with: "I'm off to lunch, and then I'll probably get gas." Pause. Uncomfortable stare from HR Manager, then, "Uh, not...but...but not in that order specifically...." Pause. "Okay, then...Bye!" Awkward. embarassed

Fortunately Leyden has a good sense of humor about it all and laughingly shared with her wonderful office mate who said, "What? You look adorable! And did you get onions? That would give me gas." Um, not the point Meg, but thanks!

Leyden hope's you are all having a better day!
Jul 31st 2013 new
Hi everyone, Margo is just realizing the degree to which she is stressed at work. That is not fun. But she loves what she does, and that is very helpful. Leyden, M wore a top today that she wouldn't have worn to work if she had known that she would see a certain client today.
Stress isn't fun. But M did have a wonderful chocolate bar today, and that was nice. cool

Aug 1st 2013 new
Sam is so glad she has Margo, Anne and Leyden to make her laugh and Rachel to inspire her. A girl needs her sistahs!

Sam has been melancholy of late. She has started preparing and freezing casseroles for the school year, as well as working on such totally unsexy jobs for which she will not have time, such as caulking the driveway and deep cleaning the car. Sam always dreads going back to work. The school year schedule is a killer. It entails getting up at 4:30 or 5 and being in bed each night by 8:30, which is a complete drag. Once she gets there and the first kids give her hugs, Sam will be OK.

On a positive note, Sam has had both her road bike and her hybrid tuned up and has actually gotten back to riding this summer. She's old and slow, but happy as a 9 year old to be back on two wheels. Better than Prozac!
Aug 2nd 2013 new
M has placed a "fraud alert" on his credit report with Transunion, in the event there are any more difficulties in that area following resolution of the cell phone kerfuffle of the past weekend. This supposedly alerts potential creditors and prevents anyone from obtaining a credit card or loan in my name (including myself) for a period of time, without full and proper identification. M thinks it should always be that way, two forms of ID to open an account... but in today's cyberworld, anybody with a little information can become anybody else rolling eyes irked

Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: M has placed a "fraud alert" on his credit report with Transunion, in the event there are any more difficulties in that area following resolution of the cell phone kerfuffle of the past weekend. This supposedly alerts potential creditors and prevents anyone from obtaining a credit card or loan in my name (including myself) for a period of time, without full and proper identification. M thinks it should always be that way, two forms of ID to open an account... but in today's cyberworld, anybody with a little information can become anybody else

Zoom is amused .... while he was reading Michael's post, there was an ad in the upper right corner for an offer to see your credit scores from all three credit bureaus. But Zoom already has a monthly subscription to a credit monitoring service.

Zoom went to First Friday Mass this morning across town at St. Francis de Sales, as his own parish, St. Mary's, did not have daily Mass this week. The Mass was held in a small chapel, and was preceded by the recitation of Psalm 51 and the Canticle of Zechariah from "Shorter Christian Prayer". Zoom thought that was neat and may well be back to the same church for First Friday in September. thumbsup
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: M has placed a "fraud alert" on his credit report with Transunion, in the event there are any more difficulties in that area following resolution of the cell phone kerfuffle of the past weekend. This supposedly alerts potential creditors and prevents anyone from obtaining a credit card or loan in my name (including myself) for a period of time, without full and proper identification. M thinks it should always be that way, two forms of ID to open an account... but in today's cyberworld, anybody with a little information can become anybody else

Michael, I'm sorry you've had to go through this. How very stressful. Thank you for telling us about the "fraud alert." I wasn't aware that is possible.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: Sam is so glad she has Margo, Anne and Leyden to make her laugh and Rachel to inspire her. A girl needs her sistahs!

Sam has been melancholy of late. She has started preparing and freezing casseroles for the school year, as well as working on such totally unsexy jobs for which she will not have time, such as caulking the driveway and deep cleaning the car. Sam always dreads going back to work. The school year schedule is a killer. It entails getting up at 4:30 or 5 and being in bed each night by 8:30, which is a complete drag. Once she gets there and the first kids give her hugs, Sam will be OK.

On a positive note, Sam has had both her road bike and her hybrid tuned up and has actually gotten back to riding this summer. She's old and slow, but happy as a 9 year old to be back on two wheels. Better than Prozac!
Anne will say prayers that Sams' School year is fun and time goes by so enjoyably that suddenly Sam is again reporting about those fantastic holidays that she has wink
Anne admires Sams' food preparation skills and her"get up and go" attitude with getting into the saddle again-well done!
Anne continues to struggle drying clothes..and is looking forward to Spring warmth to dry out the garden.Her ugly but proud little"naked-neck" rooster is crowing out the window,Anne is hoping to have "naked neck" x "frizzle" chickens this year..can you imagine the combination!? laughing wide eyed
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Anne continues to struggle drying clothes..and is looking forward to Spring warmth to dry out the garden.Her ugly but proud little"naked-neck" rooster is crowing out the window,Anne is hoping to have "naked neck" x "frizzle" chickens this year..can you imagine the combination!?
Margo would love to visit Anne n Australia and see her chickens and her garden and even experience winter there. It sounds enchanting -- or perhaps it's because Anne has a charming writing style.
M agrees with Anne -- what a lovely group of Catholic Status Thread sisters we are. And the Status Thread men aren't bad either!

Posts 171 - 180 of 200