Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 3rd 2013 new
Excuse me, that was Sam talking about the sistahs! embarassed laughing

Margo just visited the farmers market twice this morning. First time, she bought a scone that she ate right away, a pint of peaches, fresh carrots, green peppers and a wooden soap holder. Then she went home (didn't bring her cell phone), called her parents, then bought 2 12-ounce containers of fresh honey (Dad wanted just plain honey) and a container of raw honey mixed with vanilla bean. The honey will go to North Dakota next weekend as gifts.

My parents are honorary parade marshalls in my hometown's annual parade next Saturday. Theme is Railroad Days or something like that. One sister and her 2 children will be there, perhaps another. I'm excited to see my parents and family. I'm incredibly lucky they're alive.

Bittersweet moment when Mom said that Dad is the only railroad retiree still alive in my small hometown. Dad was a depot agent. My brother ran a maintainer on the track. His son works in information technology for the railroad. Three generations on the railroad, in three states and three incredibly different careers.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
MdN had a semi-productive day at the estate sales, not wanting to buy anything major right now. Found a small Dr Pepper sign board (70's) with all the letters/numbers, much nicer than the oversized one M forgot to move to FL (and wouldn't have any room for it down there in that little place anyway).

Scraping the garage, preparing to paint... M detests painting. Would rather be bike riding. Or at the beach in Florida. Sigh.
Aug 3rd 2013 new
Sheila has returned from 3 days at NC Outer Banks where she celebrated with oldest child who turned 50 on Thursday. Loved the time spent on the beach....walking, playing in the surf, watching the sand crabs scurry about from hole to hole and watching the sandpipers pecking the sand for bugs and racing to get away from the next wave! Even got a little pink cast to the extremities! fluffy Board games in the evening with the host family was quite fun. Overall....great time was had!
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Sheila-953093 said: NC Outer Banks: Loved the time spent on the beach....walking, playing in the surf, watching the sand crabs scurry about from hole to hole and watching the sandpipers pecking the sand for bugs and racing to get away from the next wave!
Sheila, I have never been to the Outer Banks, but it sounds lovely. Thank you for your description.
Aug 6th 2013 new
Margo gets to go to work 2 hrs later than usual today cool so she's chillin' a little. She hopes that all is well with the Status Peeps. Wisconsin is cooler and far less muggy the last week or so. Much more pleasant, although it is difficult for me to see the days starting to get shorter.

Margo has a busy August ahead of her, with a trip to her parents in the Mountain time zone this weekend, an intern starting at work whom she will supervise. Margo's Very Bright Son, now age 20, is also leaving for his Study Abroad program in Europe in late August. He will be gone for an entire year, and M will truly miss him. We have already discussed U.S. security concerns, of course.
Aug 6th 2013 new
Good morning, all, especially sistahs!

Sam has spent the last few days putzing, cooking and shopping. The kids got new dressers and Sam's living room got a new, very comfy chair. Sam's daughter pointed out that the new chair is shaped like the 'thinking chair' in Blues Clues, though it is not, in fact, blue, which made Sam laugh.

Today Sam plans to continue cooking and take the kids ice skating. Then we are having a traditional Cuban dinner with pork roast and yellow rice and turning in early. Work starts tomorrow.
Aug 6th 2013 new
Lea will be going to the Renaissance Fair. biggrin

Lea is getting ready for a short trip with friend to Big Bear CA biggrin
Aug 7th 2013 new
Anne sees how busy everyone is and is interested in their varying lives.She is grateful to read these status threads.
Today Anne and her big lanky son drove to the city to collect a bed . Anne's son mastered driving the ute(pickup?) and liked driving in the pouring rain.Anne is listening to the frogs singing in the night.
Aug 7th 2013 new
Dave wonders whether the ute is a Ford or a Holden? Dave misses the old Chevy El Caminos and the Ford Rancheros here in the U.S. which are the closest to your utes. Dave also misses one of my favorite cars the old Ford Falcon, and knowing that Falcons are still made in Australia makes Dave jealous of Anne.
Aug 7th 2013 new
Margo's first car in 1978 was either a Ford Fairlane or Torino, if she remembers correctly. Her Dad scouted around and found the car for her; it cost $850 and was at least 10 years old. The car served her well and she ended up putting on many miles, then selling it for cash and buying a car that she thinks was abt 10 years newer. Fun memories!
Posts 181 - 190 of 200