Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: Just finishing up the final touches on my power-washing cage & house-cleaning day of the week. Two sets of people came by to help and eat which was good and accomplished each cage leaving the house so i could power-wash and after vacuuming each cage re-entering my home so pretty much everything is back in perfect order. Tomorrow after morning Mass and before evening Mass everything will be put away in perfect placement as it should be that wasn't yet put back and company can come by.
Welcome to the status thread, Marie! Post early and often! We're friendly here. BTW, I have a dear Aunt Marie in Omaha.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Keith just finished eating his lunch (fuji apple and a peanut butter sandwich) and is browsing the forums for interesting posts. He's feeling pretty lucky to be alive today, seeing as the driving instructor in the yellow mustang was too busy reading his newspaper while driving this morning to notice that he very nearly ran over Keith and his motorcycle at 70mph. Keith has already sent an email to the company to comment on the negative advertising that is accomplished when a driving instructor in a marked company vehicle is demonstrating extremely inattentive driving.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Leyden just had some cake with hidden pineapple....Leyden is allergic to pineapple. Her work friends are endearing in their concern:

Meg: I am taking you to the hospital now!
Leigh: Someone has to stay with her at all times!
Mel: (running in to my office) is she alive? I just heard!

Jul 11th 2013 new
Well it looks like its just gonna be Dennis and the dog tonight... Dennis and Samantha will be going for a nice long walk... Dennis is also wondering if Leyden is doing OK from the cake with the hidden pineapple... Dennis would be happy to cook fried chicken for LIna, and Maricela ... Dennis also likes the fact that Margo knows what a softy he is for his baby girl who is really not a baby anymore... And speakin of that baby girl, she filled Dennis's truck up with gas today, which just happened to be on E... So, Dennis will cook fried chicken for his baby girl anytime...
Jul 11th 2013 new
Dennis Anne has a baby girl who holds onto that title with a firm grasp,although she has a younger sister smile
Anne also hopes Leyden is feeling over her reaction.Anne's son cannot eat Mango.
An hours drive to a lovely old city is in store,shopping for vitals and a picnic in the park.Hopefully those swans haven't got Spring on their minds when they come for bread,looking pushy and pretty in an arrogant way,hissing.
Anne's swans are black,she is wondering if Americans have swans ?
School holidays are coming to an end ,Anne thinks two weeks is not long enough for teachers and kids:(
Jul 11th 2013 new
Leyden is very glad Keith is alive (and she is secretly hoping that driver got a reprimand). Leyden is grateful for Dennis and Anne's concern, God bless them!

Leyden is just waiting the next few hours out. She will no longer be seduced by innocent delicious looking cake.
Jul 11th 2013 new
Maricela is very glad to hear that Keith made it safely to work after the crazy driving instructor episode and hopes Leydhen (did I get that right?) is okay after the pineapple episode. M is also wondering if she should use that plane ticket that's on hold to head on over to Indiana for some of Dennis' fried chicken. M spent a good part of the day talking to techies online and on the phone as they tried to fix her computer. All good now. Gonna get ready to have conferences with online students the next couple of hours before Holy Hour. Happy Thursday, Ya'll! wave
Jul 11th 2013 new
Keith, Margo likes your choice of lunch. Sorry abt the crazy driver. Dennis, M knew you were a softy abt your daughter! Maricela, I like that you said something abt your plane ticket on hold. Let's get some travel proposals rolling! Leyden, sorry abt your potential allergic reaction, esp to pineapple. Margo loves pineapple and has a daughter w/life threatening food allergies, so she understands your co-workers' cause for alarm. Do you carry an epi pen around?

Anne, yes, we have swans in the U.S. Last night, there were 2 wild deer in my yard, one of them a young buck with the start of antlers. I live in a town population 16,000, but there are woods near my house. I have counted 6 deer in my yard at one time.
Jul 12th 2013 new
Keith thanks everyone for their concern. Sadly, this type of thing happens quite frequently, but usually there isn't a handy placard on the door of the offending vehicle to tell me where to direct my "color commentary" on the matter. Still, Keith loves riding his motorcycle, and probably won't give it up anytime soon. Maybe someday a "Mrs Keith" will be happy to take a nice ride in the country with him (away from the traffic).

Keith hopes that Leyden is recovering from her allergy attack and finds it inconceivable that anyone could be allergic to pineapple - such wonderful stuff! Keith also seems to get a craving for fried chicken every time he reads one of Dennis's posts, and he's thinking he might volunteer to help Dennis cook this delicious treat for a multitude of lovely CM ladies (and gents). Keith hopes Anne had a wonderful drive and a great day enjoying the small town, the park, and the swans, and hopes that Maricela's IT woes were not too frustrating.

Margo, the lunch was quite tasty, as was dinner, which was a pile of leftover ribs from the weekend... yummy! Somehow, mentioning deer in your most makes Keith think of fajitas... odd coincidence? I think not.

In any case, Keith is going to bed now. He will most likely ride the motorcycle again in the morning, so he'll need to be alert and on the lookout for inattentive driving instructors.

Good night all!
Jul 12th 2013 new
Leyden is very grateful to be alive! She just finished a garlic bagel with cream cheese, is making plans to attend the Finger Lakes Wine Festival with friends this weekend, and most likely be forced to draw straws for DD before it comes to blows!

Leyden is a starting a petition banning all pineapple and pineapple-related products. She is not at all sorry if this disappoints Keith. biggrin
Posts 71 - 80 of 200