Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Sue-935039 said: There are certainly risks in stepping outside one's comfort zone and allowing ourselves to be vulnerable. Hopefully we experience joys along with the sorrows and learn something about ourselves we may not have known before that we can carry forward.
I have certainly learned a lot about myself. After more than 30 years on my own, I must take it slow! As inviting and wonderful the trip could have been, my longing for a lifetime partner seemed to push me to go beyond my "take it slow and really get to know one another" normal logic. Like a 16 year old trying to push the limits, echoes in my head repeated some of the things my folks would say to me (Anything worth having, is worth waiting for) until I realized that I just couldn't do it. Perhaps since my mind wasn't stopping me, my body had to start! I still feel wretched, drained, and spent. I know the pain I caused was deep and evil. However, I must rely on our Loving God to be merciful and give solace to the one who spoke words of love and offered safe harbor in his heart. Some woman will no doubt have in him a loving husband, friend, & lover!
Jun 28th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

After being here a month,,,,I've discovered that remaining single is so so so much easier...

I'm too old and not sdmart enough for the games,,,and I don't even know the rules for the games..Boy,,am I old...

Stay single my friends,,it is much less stress..
give it more time Kenny. You'll find that special woman you're hoping to find on here. My situation doesn't allow me to stretch out toward marriage but I am still able to date. Hint, hint to anyone accepting of this, that is.

I've been single for 33 years! I still have hope and will never lose sight of that. Hey, what rhymes with single? Mingle of course. Please don't lose sight of your humor Kenny. You will never grow old and will remain young at heart if you follow that rule. who cares if others play games. we don't. we are here for our one reason and know that eventually a man/woman on here will see the beauty each of us have to offer.
Rules? the only rule I know of is to treat others like you want to be treated. Be kind to everyone. God will bless you Kenny to find the happiness you are looking for.
Jun 28th 2013 new
laughing
I thought you were going to say, being single is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

There's good and bad to being alone or part of a "matched set".

I think once we've been married we're used to the routine of putting self last and so when we come to dating again it's hard to put oneself out there. Dating is work.

Hang in there, kiddo, you're too funny that the ladies will let you slip away.
Jun 28th 2013 new

After being here a month,,,,I've discovered that remaining single is so so so much easier...

I'm too old and not sdmart enough for the games,,,and I don't even know the rules for the games..Boy,,am I old...

My first comment is "well, I'm about two years younger than you are, and I ain't OLD!" tongue

Seriously, you do what you have to do. Last year, I went through a chronic disease, relocation, and raising a child, all alone. This year, hopefully, I will not go through a hurricane alone (I've been through them with my child). Until challenged, you just don't know how strong your are. Though, life is SO much easier with another person, as long as he is the RIGHT person.

One day at a time, my friend, one day at a time! hug
Jun 28th 2013 new

Kenny,
I hope you are just having a difficult few days and that you don't throw in the towel too soon. I am also new to this and I too get frustrated at times, although I'm sure it is different for a man than a woman on here. Don't let those that play games get you down. Just learn something and say 'next', then move on. From your previous posts I think you have a huge heart and a fun, quirky sense of humor. I pray that you stay open to God's will when he presents you with your bestest friend, boza, beloved to share your future.
Praying
Jun 28th 2013 new
If someone is playing games than they are not worth your time. I think the best thing is to stay active and through different events you might meet someone if you don't have any luck on here.

PS. Women love yoga! In fact in my city we now have Catholic based yoga.
Jun 28th 2013 new
Kenny, I know how you feel.
Life is messy and complicated and hard and wonderful and fun and beautiful all wrapped up into one. Maybe just take a breather for a while and have fun in the humor forums. You are not old, but we all feel old from time to time.
The only expiration date for a special sweetheart is ~ death. I know, I don't want to wait that long again either, but you are determined, so I don't think you will have to.
Praying crossfingers hug
Jun 29th 2013 new
Just because you're single doesn't mean you have to be lonely. I do feel like the single life is better; for one reason is a little more freedom. I'd rather be single than be unhappy. Sometimes a good relationship can turn bad. However, being married can be good if you find the one you're happy with.
Jun 30th 2013 new
I agree. I'm a single dad and my son is my greatest earthly joy, but on this site I've been burned and toyed with, and that's about it. After my current renewal expires, I'm deleting my profile. What a waste of time.
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: Oh but being in love is so wonderful! It is so worth the disappointments and heartaches we have to go thru to get there. Life is all about taking chances!
Please never give up! God bless you!
Nice comment Trish.. after being here a while myself and reading through numerous Posts.. i find that many come here expecting a "quick fix". boggled

In my opinion.. we're so focused on "Ourselves" and the person we're trying to match ourselves with, that we're forgetting the other persons perception of us or their needs. Too often our focus is too self-directed... oh this one didn't respond, i'm not getting any views, oh that one led me on,, etc.etc.. We're not all perfect and people do make mistakes by not responding promptly or even at all,, but we all live in the same world and should realize that in todays society not everyone lives by the same standards of courtesy.

It should be no secret that probably some Women get contacted more than others, and vice-versa, some Men more than others.... hmmm.. scratchchin So if we're not one of those person that's getting a lot of emails/emotes,, why not try to figure out why by privately reaching out to a CMer who you have gotten to know or asking in the Mens/Womens private Forum.

We're all here striving to find that "perfect match for me", and with that in mind shouldn't we be keeping an Open mind and heart as well as discerning God's plan for us? Praying theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 25