Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 08 new
(quote) Michelle-985969 said: Yes you said it! Roe vs. Wade was in 1973 if I am correct. The point is its been happening for quite some time. And you, just like any other person out there has free will to make their own decisions. Many times God doesn't like our decisions either but He gives us free will. Sorry but I think it was very uncharitable with your post towards the post above yours. Stop judging people and love more.
Well, Michelle, I would not mind being called "uncharitable" every minute of
every day before I would give up the right, on "St. Thomas More" to point out
the murder of so many unborn in our country.

You must have missed the whole point if you highlighted the fact
that abortion has been going on for "quite some time."

Yes, the point was that it began in her lifetime and my lifetime and your
lifetime. And that is a sure sign of a country going downhill morally.
Jul 08 new
The United States is becoming Godless the moral fiber is in decay . When a President has a hard time keeping his hand on the bible saids a lot . does not know what said in his own church . This proves it all no need to say his name .

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible" George Washington
Jul 08 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Paul, I am glad you find the new florescent bulbs to your satisfaction. I have not
been able to do so. I am really upset about this ruling.

I only need a few 100 watt bulbs around where I read and paint. So I really did
not worry about my electric bill.

But greater minds ruled.
Reread my post!

In no way do I find florescent lighting satisfactory as a replacement for incandescent bulbs.

I advised the use of quality LED bulbs. They will provide more than satisfactory lighting for reading.

Halogen's have not been banned, so they would serve very well for painting.
Jul 08 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Well, Michelle, I would not mind being called "uncharitable" every minute of
every day before I would give up the right, on "St. Thomas More" to point out
the murder of so many unborn in our country.

You must have missed the whole point if you highlighted the fact
that abortion has been going on for "quite some time."

Yes, the point was that it began in her lifetime and my lifetime and your
lifetime. And that is a sure sign of a country going downhill morally.
My point you missed as well. You personally do not have to have an abortion even though the option exists in our government. I understand your sorrow at the innocent lives that have been lost and I share it. But every person who decides this has free will to do what they think is right. If we didn't have these freedoms, then we would become a Taliban-like country.
Jul 08 new
(quote) Michelle-985969 said: My point you missed as well. You personally do not have to have an abortion even though the option exists in our government. I understand your sorrow at the innocent lives that have been lost and I share it. But every person who decides this has free will to do what they think is right. If we didn't have these freedoms, then we would become a Taliban-like country.
Do you also advocate that there should be no laws against murder, rape, battery, theft, etc.?

Jul 08 new
(quote) Michelle-985969 said: My point you missed as well. You personally do not have to have an abortion even though the option exists in our government. I understand your sorrow at the innocent lives that have been lost and I share it. But every person who decides this has free will to do what they think is right. If we didn't have these freedoms, then we would become a Taliban-like country.
Murder is murder, even if a degenerate nation makes it legal.

Just remember killing Jews was legal in Germany during WWII, nevertheless it was still murder.

And in case you forgot, murder is the unjust taking of an innocent life.

Yes we all have free will to sin all we want. But that also means you must accept the consequences of your choice.

If you just shrug off the killing of innocent babies by saying you are personally against the practice and would never do it, but feel that you have no obligation to fight against someone else, using their disordered free will to kill their unborn baby, you are, in fact, complicit in the crime.
Jul 08 new
(quote) Regina-949796 said: It is just exhausting reading all the back and forth. Some just want to hear themselves talk on the subject, now what was the question again? Is America going downhill at an alarming rate? Answer: It isn't. The question is not ....Is President Obama doing a good or bad job, is it? It is not any worse now than during any other administration. Some answers sound like a bad Thanksgiving dinner conversation to me. I am so thankful the younger generation does not have trouble with the greatest Commandment, remember, Love one another as I have loved you and love your neighbor as yourself. Remember, we all have free will? Judge and you shall be judged. We live in a country with a two party system. Thank God for that. Don't like who won😢, vote them out, just as I did! 😀
To Regina and Michelle (and anyone else who feels Obama is o.k.): Part of being a faithful Catholic is following our Church and her teachings. Here is a great voters guide entitled Voter's Guide for Serious Catholics. Within it, it describes the 5 non-negotiable issues that should have been top of our list when considering candidates. www.catholic.com

And EWTN put out a shorter version, listing how Democrates and Republicans stand on three very important issues: www.ewtn.com Again, as faithful Catholics, we were called to follow our Church's stance on key moral issues when we selected candidates.

Also know our Holy Church is taking a stance AGAINST the HHS mandate (obamacare) and in fact, our bishops just hosted a Fortnight for Freedom that encouraged all Catholics to keep our religious liberty in the forefront of our prayers in light of how it's being attacked via the mandate www.usccb.org

We are called to love each other, yes, but we are also called to be obedient to our Church. Voting for a man who holds so many anti-scriptural positions is unthinkable, for a faithful Catholic.



Jul 08 new
Well I guess Wendy I am not a faithful Catholic. IMO, loving your neighbor and living like Jesus instructed us to do is more important to me. There is a reason why Church and State are separate in this country.
Jul 08 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Reread my post!

In no way do I find florescent lighting satisfactory as a replacement for incandescent bulbs.

I advised the use of quality LED bulbs. They will provide more than satisfactory lighting for reading.

Halogen's have not been banned, so they would serve very well for painting.
Both florescent and LED bulbs are hazards materials they contain mercury and nickel . thank you Obama for really not trying to save the world .
Jul 08 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Murder is murder, even if a degenerate nation makes it legal.

Just remember killing Jews was legal in Germany during WWII, nevertheless it was still murder.

And in case you forgot, murder is the unjust taking of an innocent life.

Yes we all have free will to sin all we want. But that also means you must accept the consequences of your choice.

If you just shrug off the killing of innocent babies by saying you are personally against the practice and would never do it, but feel that you have no obligation to fight against someone else, using their disordered free will to kill their unborn baby, you are, in fact, complicit in the crime.
I am responsible for no one other than myself. if someone decides to jump off a cliff, am I responsible for that person's decision as well?
Posts 81 - 90 of 164