Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 30 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: Humid and 75F for the high today.
So is it comfortable or no? I have heard humidity can make it not so. gardener
Jun 30 new
It has rained every day for a week, to the point of flooding two days ago Ann Arbor. The humidity just makes it a bit damp. But 75 is comfortable. It is in the 60's tonight. I walked into town for the fireworks. Cool and breezy means few mosquitoes- no complaints!
Jun 30 new
I left work yesterday at 6pm and it was102. To hot for me but LA was lower at 87.
Jun 30 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: YOU POOR CHILD!
Oh, don't feel sorry for her!! She knew darn well Phoenix gets close to 120 degrees every now and again and chooses to stay (instead of moving to that lake in Wisconsin) scratchchin . Lina, what is the best way to cool down in Phoenix? Go to the museum!! My pool feels like warm bath water. eyebrow The western border towns of AZ are supposed to be 124 degrees tomorrow. eyepopping Today I helped a friend move; tomorrow is my much deserved day of rest. cloud
Jun 30 new
The heat is not bothering me. I find that if I don't really think on the numbers, the actual temperature doesn't matter as much. Plus, I tend to go the opposite way of crowds, in some cases--if people are complaining too much about the heat, I won't let the heat be a problem for me. biggrin
Jun 30 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: This weekend temperatures will rise to 110, 111, and 113 Monday. I wonder if others across the US or world are experiencing any temperatures you would like to report on.
It's been in the high 70's low 80's here, but unusually humid, we've had rain pretty much every day for the last month. Please send some of that sun and hot weather east!
Jun 30 new
Today's high will be around 93. Humidity is around 51% and temp is at 80. I used to live in AZ and still have family there. I the hot does not bother me but and HIGH humidity and it makes it uncomfortable. Not to mention that most apartments over here are NOT equipped with A/C units. They have heaters for the winter though... laughing
Jun 30 new
106 in Austin yesterday but yes, thankfully cooler this coming week hopefully. Fortunately for me Austin is more of a dry heat than College Station where I used to live - the humidity is what gets to me too. That's not to say I didn't barricade myself indoors yesterday and that I won't do the same after Mass today, of course...
Jun 30 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: Are you comfortable? Is it humid?
When I wrote that, I was comfortable inside. I spent a large part of the day outside working; first in the morning helping to lay sod at a Habitat for Humanity house and then in the afternoon mowing my own lawn. When I'm outside in warm weather I can tolerate being inside even without air conditioning for a while if it's 80 deg inside. When I'm inside with air conditioning and go outside in 90 deg F weather with 50% or higher humidity it's not comfortable.
Jun 30 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: When I wrote that, I was comfortable inside. I spent a large part of the day outside working; first in the morning helping to lay sod at a Habitat for Humanity house and then in the afternoon mowing my own lawn. When I'm outside in warm weather I can tolerate being inside even without air conditioning for a while if it's 80 deg inside. When I'm inside with air conditioning and go outside in 90 deg F weather with 50% or higher humidity it's not comfortable.
Right now on Sunday, it is 103 at 1:05 pm and rising. Thank you Ronald for sharing.
Posts 21 - 30 of 43