Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: Your self confidence and self respect. shine through your comments
Yes, i am confident in life, any of us are who have had to take care of ourselves 20+ years and run our own house i'm certain but perhaps not always an appealing asset to the Catholic menfolk as lower confidence is often aligned with lack of humbleness. i couldn't have succeeded at anything I've done without the help of God and my Guardian Angel, plus whomever they pull in to network with me.
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-906925 said: As with the OP, it's a matter of do or get out of my way, and stop wasting my time if you are here without the capacity nor desire to love and be loved in full, without conditions, restrictions or limitations. If this is only about makingI friends, state it in your profile, don't lead someone on thinking it could get serious when you have no intention for it to become that way, nor expect someone to fall in love with a digital image and some text. There are too many who are in love with the whole initial, this is a new relationship, new person, new puppy love, and all that entails, mainly hormonal and emotional lacking in depth.

You are right on the whole fear is holding so many back, and guys, if you really understand women, you will know how so many things they fear, are things we take in stride with little to no thought to it. The romance, this is an area where we of the faithful have so much to draw upon, that we have men of integrity to reference towards, and their passion they expressed to their wives, just incredible.

I get frustrated with venues like this, where I'm addressing the contact information, email, phone, etc. early on, and so much fear in exchanging information, when at the same time, I have clients from all over the country trusting me enough with $10+k in capitol, even though they never met me, many don't even know where my shop is at, and yet they trust me with this huge responsibility in their resources, not even for something I have on hand, but what I will build for them with the money. 20 years in business, in that kind of ongoing trust from strangers, and yet to be afraid of a simple way to contact, just ridicules.
Oh man, I totally understand how you feel. Many people don't know if they are seeking friends or not or if they are ready to love someone without restrictions or if they are just merely messing around. I can never get why people are paying good money to be a part of a site that is all about communication and finding a significant other to walk the path of marriage that God has called us to if they are not yet ready to "let go and let God" - that is, let go of the past and all their inhibitions and simply try to open their hearts to others. If they close themselves out, they may end up missing or dropping that person that God is trying to bring into their lives.
Jun 30th 2013 new
I don't see cloaked sarcasm, barbed humor, and veiled intimidation as either a positive contribution to the community or means to attract companionship. Love and Charity must originate from within, one must first get out of one's own way before suggesting others clear a path. It would seem that some feel a right to the first seat at the table.

As to intent in membership here; I'm sure many come with mixed apprehensions, hopes, intentions, and expectations.... and then if we are sincere in our Faith, we evolve. In as far as this is ostensibly a Catholic site, dating while not free to marry in The Church is not a direct intent, while seeking fellowship/friendship, support, and learning is most certainly consistent with Our Faith.

Be not one who would drive others from His nurture, The Gospel is quite explicit on this point.

Praying
Jun 30th 2013 new
clap clap clap
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: Yes, I'm capable of good love, of deep love. Thank you for the reminder to open my heart when appropriate. You and the other posters are right -- it takes courage to put myself out here, high expectations and all. But I was successful once; it can happen again. Till then, I will savor all the different forms of love that I already have in my life.
Thanks Marge! You speak for me as well. I DO know that I became concerned when theological discourse was dismissed in my conversation. I wondered,"Can I be with someone who complains that I was getting analytical? I need an outside world of books, discussion and classes for mental stimulation." I think many of us are very used to having a measure of challenge. And while the concept of escaping into the arms of my beloved sounds and feels inviting at first, when it came down to putting the "pedal to the metal,"
I realized that I do not want to 'escape' away from anyone. I struggle with the concept of 'you and me against the world'. What I want to do is include him in my circle as my intimate partner in life. If he has no family or children, I've got siblings and children, cousins, etc that would welcome any man of mine without question. Not that I would make anyone meet them all at once...... I am not afraid of entering into marriage with someone who shares some part of my mission and ministry, and who wants to know my family & friends. I am bold and I now wonder why a man wouldn't drive to my town to meet me instead of getting angry. ( I know he was/is devastated. And my prayers are for his healing)
Jul 9th 2013 new
I AM CAPABLE OF LOVE AND NOT AFRAID TO GO AFTER IT!
Jul 10th 2013 new
simple answer.... yes and I prove it everyday in so many relationships.
Jul 10th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: I don't see cloaked sarcasm, barbed humor, and veiled intimidation as either a positive contribution to the community or means to attract companionship. Love and Charity must originate from within, one must first get out of one's own way before suggesting others clear a path. It would seem that some feel a right to the first seat at the table.

As to intent in membership here; I'm sure many come with mixed apprehensions, hopes, intentions, and expectations.... and then if we are sincere in our Faith, we evolve. In as far as this is ostensibly a Catholic site, dating while not free to marry in The Church is not a direct intent, while seeking fellowship/friendship, support, and learning is most certainly consistent with Our Faith.

Be not one who would drive others from His nurture, The Gospel is quite explicit on this point.

Beautifully put, David!

If one wants to get love, one must give love.
Posts 11 - 18 of 18