Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 1st 2013 new
To the OP, our society's values have been turned up side down, what is wrong is right, and what is right is wrong. To be scrutinized for being right is the norm and guess what, people are sheep, they follow the leader and our status quo has some very bad leaders at this stage of the game. If it was 50 or more years ago, this wouldn't be as much of a problem, if at all.

I keep reading over and over, being here for years, in and out, paying these guys money, and you are still single, still not connecting up with quality Catholic men, when Good quality Catholic men are posting the same on the guys section of the forum and this as well. The thing is, for both, define what you are really looking for, and seeing some of the profiles, I can tell there is some growing and getting real that needs to be done. I look to myself, trying to accomplish a project with the tools at hand, and if the project requires me to pick up more, and learn more about how to do something, I'm at the hardware store and at the classroom. Looking at ones self, in a what can change to affect a better outcome is what it should be about.

What I'm seeing is pretty easy to figure out and if the staff here would take the time to give us some gentle guidance towards these areas, manually, that would be great for a whole many people. It doesn't behoove the powers that be, to actually facilitate, for they would then be losing members. You don't mess around with CM and pay your monthly fee if you find someone and get married, bottom line.

I'll leave you gals with this, what I'm seeing you post, is a testament to who you are, and you are beautiful children of God, and any devout man in your criteria would be blessed beyond measure to have you by their side. Don't limit yourself, nor question your integrity, for that is the beauty of you shining through.

Christs Peace be with you all!

Jul 1st 2013 new

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and make your paths straight.

Yes, if it is God's plan for me. A positive attitude is important!
Jul 1st 2013 new
By the third year we had gotten to know one another well. Six months more and we were best pals. Two and half years of engagement, and I knew as I walked down the aisle that I was doing the right thing. biggrin
Jul 1st 2013 new
I think my point is, IT TAKES TIME to develop a relationship. Maybe you will be lucky, like Kenny, and know from the start...but I suspect that's kind of rare.
Jul 1st 2013 new
As much as I would like to, I have come to enjoy meeting some like minded people, as well as very differently minded folks on the site. As friendships are growing, I come mostly for the forums and a quick browse through the catalog of fine Catholic men. I do admit to enjoying a bit of eye candy and heart tugging. I am thinking of checking out some gatherings in other towns and simply contacting a few folks to meet up. But really it comes down to finding a Catholic man with similar values and preferences who wants to find me! I will start changing up my profile this week. Tell more of what my views are so that someone meets me, and not my body of works.
Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Alex-382372 said: A good friend of mine just married a girl off here actually. He told me he used to send 50-100 emotigrams a night. I've dated 2 lovely ladies off this site now both didn't work out. Since then I haven't met any other women from this site. However back then I was extremely active on here sending 30 or more messages every day or so. Now I maybe send 1 or 2 a day lol. So I think I've figured my answer there. It's a numbers game I think is what it comes down to.
Hmmm... this a very interesting "experiment". I guess in the online world this might be one of the usual ways to actually elicit a response from others, especially since it's supposed to be more challenging to establish some sort of trust or confidence online.

I agree with the some of the other posts here, though, which suggests not to put too much expectations (and time-bounded ones at that). I found it helpful to hear that one should simply enjoy the friendships and acquaintances and exchange of ideas that one can find here, otherwise you might set yourself up to look for results which the site does not always guarantee for everyone (or a majority even, I would guess).
Jul 1st 2013 new
Greetings..

I like Marges comment. I met my Connie and married her after 5 weeks. That marriage lasted 35 years of absolute joy. Cancer took her away in 2007.

I joined CM and met many wonderful and beautiful women. I met Valerie and it took about 5 months for us to become engaged. 600 miles created a logistic problem but we married regardless of Distance, Educational level, Age difference or Financial Structure. We were absolutely happy and planned to move to Ireland (On a 6 Month Visa) to Write several books on subjects that interested us. March 23rd of this year Valerie Died in a home accident.

We had 5 1/2 months of beautiful joy and spiritual Blessings. My point is forget the junk and just go for it. You would be amazed at the absolute joy can be had with a little effort.

I invite all to visit my Bio and be encouraged with life. God love all and keep you safe

Philip
Jul 1st 2013 new
Greetings..

I like Marges comment. I met my Connie and married her after 5 weeks. That marriage lasted 35 years of absolute joy. Cancer took her away in 2007.

I joined CM and met many wonderful and beautiful women. I met Valerie and it took about 5 months for us to become engaged. 600 miles created a logistic problem but we married regardless of Distance, Educational level, Age difference or Financial Structure. We were absolutely happy and planned to move to Ireland (On a 6 Month Visa) to Write several books on subjects that interested us. March 23rd of this year Valerie Died in a home accident.

We had 5 1/2 months of beautiful joy and spiritual Blessings. My point is forget the junk and just go for it. You would be amazed at the absolute joy can be had with a little effort.

I invite all to visit my Bio and be encouraged with life. God love all and keep you safe

Philip
Jul 1st 2013 new

NO
Jul 1st 2013 new
well I do understand what you mean. I've sent numerous of messages and emotions and only to get some who never want me contacting them, when I only sent one message. my first time doing anything like this, my mother is the one who said try catholic match..well so far no replies, so yes I wonder the same question myself.
Posts 31 - 40 of 109