Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 3rd 2013 new
YES
Jul 4th 2013 new
Maybe. Regardless of whether CM is the place where I will find that special someone God has planned for me, I've made a number of friends on here and that in itself has made my membership worth it ten-fold. God has blessed me with the opportunity to be able talk to a lot of cool and interesting older folks who have shared words of wisdom and have given good advice.
Jul 4th 2013 new

I agree John. I have made some wonderful friends here - male & female. It's a great site for finding great people!
Jul 4th 2013 new

I agree John. I have made some wonderful friends here - male & female. It's a great site for finding great people!
Jul 4th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: I respectfully disagree....In My only relationship we knew the first day we met that we would marry until death do us part...It was a loving marriage for decades....

For some people years may be the answer,,others weeks or months.....That is why Baskin Robbins has 57 flavors of ice Cream,,,there is no right or wrong answer...

I agree with you Kenny, there is no right or wrong answer or time frame. I have met someone here and although its just over two months we both "know it when you know it."

We both feel with a certainty that we are meant for each other and that God had plans for both of us - my man had to wait for 13 long years for me. And he sees it as a time that God was working in him.

We need to be patient that God will work in his time - but we need to take action and do our bit. And that might be just remaining in Catholic match and being open to God's plan and timing.

Jul 4th 2013 new
I believe one can . One thing is to be open to possibilities and be optimistic but feet on ground. Good luck . :-D
Jul 4th 2013 new
(quote) John-917143 said: Maybe. Regardless of whether CM is the place where I will find that special someone God has planned for me, I've made a number of friends on here and that in itself has made my membership worth it ten-fold. God has blessed me with the opportunity to be able talk to a lot of cool and interesting older folks who have shared words of wisdom and have given good advice.
John,

God will abundantly bless you with that attitude! Most CM members do not have your outlook on this CM experience. Most especially, those under 25.
Jul 4th 2013 new
Thats why I am Here .
Jul 4th 2013 new
David, You are right on with what you have said in your middle paragraph. I agree that this is a place to make acquaintances and let God take care of the rest. I have not met my "match" here, but I have met several fine men and women. I see that as a gift! biggrin
Jul 4th 2013 new
I guess it's not a question of whether I will find someone or not, more of whether I hope to find someone. The answer to that is yes. Do I plan to find someone... well what I've been hearing from numerous speakers is that God has his own plan. We are silly little children who want to do things our way. (I heard it descibed as we are like children sucking on a toilet brush) His plan is better than anything we could come up with and He is guiding us at all times towards His goal.
However, that being said, we have to do something too. We can't just sit in our homes waiting for the doorbell to ring. Because Jesus isn't going to just hand us a guy without a little effort on our part. That is how I treat this site. It's me trying to give God some options to work with. I don't know as many people as I'd like, and I don't have the opportunity to meet a lot of new ones that I can keep in touch with. If I meet the man God intends for me here on this site, then Hallejuha! If I don't, then at least I've broadened the possiblitites. I'm meeting new people, and if they aren't the one, then maybe they have a brother/cousin/friend/ect who will be.
Posts 51 - 60 of 109