Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 4th 2013 new
Gosh, I hope so!

Where I live, it's like Sodom & Gomorrah. The few gentlemen I do meet are looking to party, not marry and make a family. Also, as a single woman, I don't see myself moving somewhere else all alone in order to find a better "dating pool." I joined CM hoping to meet someone who shares my values and faith. We'll see what happens but in the meantime I work on myself, doing lots of self-improvement: Building my business, getting out of my house even if sometimes I'd rather stay home, exercising and maintaining a positive mindset so desperation doesn't lead me to get with the wrong person. It's tough but what's the other option? Crawl under the covers and stay lonely? Nope. So onward Christian soldiers!

God bless everyone on their search for love.

Jul 4th 2013 new
Really? So that bad in Miami? I'm from Florida too. I don't think I will meet anyone here based on my past online dating experiences but I'm alive so I have to keep trying. I try to stay positive as well. Maybe I will make some good friends.
Jul 4th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I've found several nice "someones" here. Problem was, they didn't find me.
The whole question of initial "chemistry" is very odd here, isn't it?
Jul 4th 2013 new
I don't worry about it. I am convinced God intends me to find a woman to marry. If not on CM, then she and I will meet some other way.
Jul 4th 2013 new
I must have "found" about 20 people on this site I could marry. The problem is...they don't write back when you try to contact them for the very first time, or are closed to the idea of romance. This is dismaying, because I feel like it is because we reduce people on this site to the question "are you my future husband/wife, or not?" If the answer to that question is a no just by a look at our profile, someone may choose to not even communicate with that person. Is this not tragic? Are we not called to avoid objectifying a person? I bet millions of people met the guy/girl of their dreams, and choose not to speak to them simply because at first impression they weren't deemed marriage material. If you message me, I will message you back, and be your friend--that's a promise. All of us on CM should extend that courtesy to each other.
Jul 4th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-427945 said: I don't worry about it. I am convinced God intends me to find a woman to marry. If not on CM, then she and I will meet some other way.

Well good luck.  I was once convinced of that as well.
Jul 5th 2013 new
Long-lasting faith and trust are truly difficult, Michelle. it's something that I struggle with, as well. Ultimately, if you are Called to the vocation of Marriage, God will lead you in the right direction, provided you have your heart open and your ears open...
Jul 5th 2013 new
Probably not, that it doesn't bother me. I'm here for exploration rather than expectation. There's a great sermon on AudioSancto about the spiritual dangers of expectation and that applies to courtship too (and there are a lot of good sermons on dating/marriage in general too so give them a listen!).

I don't have problems meeting women, it's the right kind that I have problems with laughing But being on a Catholic site for (just about) like minded Catholics still doesn't make it any easier, but the illusion is there that it's easier.

I'm happy being single forever, if it's what God wants. Though it would be a bummer because I love kids and want plenty of them (please God). Speaking for myself, it's probably more likely I'll find someone in real life. But I gave the good Lord this option just in case.

Ave Maria +

Jul 5th 2013 new
I have to say that I am still looking to find someone here. I believe that you have to look at profiles often, including looking at people that you like there posts and I know that many of my friends have found there mates here. Do not give up if you think God is calling you to marry! Pray daily that God will send someone to you but you have to be open and drop notes to many and have fun doing it.
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I have only been back for less than a month and I am very discouraged. ...Do you really think you'll find someone here?...
I think one has to give it more time, as in :

www.youtube.com

Posts 61 - 70 of 109