Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Lourdes-984540 said: ...Where I live, it's like Sodom & Gomorrah. ...

- or as Archie Bunker said:
"the whole world is turning into a regular Sodom and Glocca Morra." smile
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I have only been back for less than a month and I am very discouraged. ..
What do you think? Do you really think you'll find someone here?....
www.youtube.com
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said:
What do you think? Do you really think you'll find someone here?
Just my thoughts on a Sunday Morning.
And my thoughts on a Friday morning a few days later....Do I think I'll find someone here?

Plainly, no. To be honest, I'm just here to keep track of what folks are discussing, and letting God take care of the rest. IOW, I'm not looking to find anything.

Not trying to be a black cloud over the optimism, but the chance that you will find someone:

1. Compatible
  2. Appealing
  3. Congruent (not exact but close would be nice) goals
  4. Available
  5. Not geographically (as you define it) challenged
on this, or any other singles site (especially CM, where aggida, issues, rigidity, and other issues reign supreme in spite of the 'Catholic' veneer and marketing bumpf) is slim. Look at the number of people who've signed up since it was St. Raphael's back before 9/11 as compared to the confirmed marriages...the latter is an microscopic percentage of the close to 1 million profiles that have been created here. Not to say that it won't happen, but you'd have better luck finding someone by tossing a handful of 100 dollar bills into the stands at Yankee Stadium and offering to date whomever comes back with the most bills.

Short answer to the question: No
Derived answer to the question: don't put all your hopes in this one basket. It's a numbers game...and if this is the only wheel of fortune you're spinning, well, be prepared to never have your number come up.

Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-975374 said: I don't have problems meeting women
Ave Maria +

Tom's statement is great because I often find myself thinking how easy it was to meet gentlemen at university. Then, everyone was single, open to all sorts of possibilities and, (mostly) unencumbered with life's responsibilities, like a mortgage. It was light and easy and fun but as one gets older it becomes much, much harder.

I think, though, that Bernadette has the right attitude...."Do not give up if you think God is calling you to marry!"

Amen.
Jul 5th 2013 new
Some of these responses make me smile. LOL. I didn't mean to be pessimistic in my posts. I haven't lost all hope in dating sites because I'm here!
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said:
What do you think? Do you really think you'll find someone here?

Dear Trish,

I already have! I've found Lisa and Brian, I've found Marge and Michael, I've found Marian and Richard, I've found Stace and Reena....I have found so many AMAZING Catholics who constantly surprise me with how they relate to God and each other.

I have laughed so hard at some of the posts and cried with some of the others. I have prayed for strangers who don't feel so strange. I have messaged with men who make me smile when I think of them. Yes, I will definitely meet someone! But what that person's role in my life will be is up to God and how open I am to work with His Grace!

Beautiful soul, it hurts right now, but it won't always. My mamacita likes to say, "No hay mal que dure 100 anos, ni cuerpo que lo resista". Essentially, no pain lasts forever. As one of my favorite spiritual writers pondered, "All will be well and all manner of things will be exceedingly well."

In the meantime, prepare your mind and your heart to receive His will.

In Christ,
Leyden
Jul 5th 2013 new
When my subscription ends in October, I'm quitting too.
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-975374 said: I'm here for exploration rather than expectation. There's a great sermon on AudioSancto about the spiritual dangers of expectation and that applies to courtship too (and there are a lot of good sermons on dating/marriage in general too so give them a listen!).

I don't have problems meeting women, it's the right kind that I have problems with But being on a Catholic site for (just about) like minded Catholics still doesn't make it any easier, but the illusion is there that it's easier.

I'm happy being single forever, if it's what God wants. Though it would be a bummer because I love kids and want plenty of them (please God). Speaking for myself, it's probably more likely I'll find someone in real life. But I gave the good Lord this option just in case.
Thanks, sir. This is something I really need to be reminded of.
Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Leyden-904885 said: Dear Trish,

I already have! I've found Lisa and Brian, I've found Marge and Michael, I've found Marian and Richard, I've found Stace and Reena....I have found so many AMAZING Catholics who constantly surprise me with how they relate to God and each other.

I have laughed so hard at some of the posts and cried with some of the others. I have prayed for strangers who don't feel so strange. I have messaged with men who make me smile when I think of them. Yes, I will definitely meet someone! But what that person's role in my life will be is up to God and how open I am to work with His Grace!

Beautiful soul, it hurts right now, but it won't always. My mamacita likes to say, "No hay mal que dure 100 anos, ni cuerpo que lo resista". Essentially, no pain lasts forever. As one of my favorite spiritual writers pondered, "All will be well and all manner of things will be exceedingly well."

In the meantime, prepare your mind and your heart to receive His will.

In Christ,
Leyden
Leyden - I love your post and you are so correct. I have found many friends here too. Some were here when I was here before and some new ones. I enjoy reading your posts. You are so inspiring! It's so nice to have a place to come to and share with like-minded Catholic people.
God Bless!
Jul 6th 2013 new
I hope and pray it happens for all who hope and pray this way. It can always be around the next corner.
Posts 71 - 80 of 109